“Good service but on this occasion average food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, International, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Glasgow. Scotland
“Good service but on this occasion average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Have been to this restaurant twice, the first was a much better experience than this time.

As it was a 5pm.com market menu we also had 2 starters which were nice

Ordered a steak which was ok, the chunky chips were undercooked and the salad just did not complement the meal.

The wife ordered the burger which she was pleased with.

The staff we attentive but it was quite quiet.

£12 each which included a glass of wine. Good value.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Windsor, United Kingdom
“Good food and very accomodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My family have lived across the road from this venue for some 40 years and have seem so many different people own this location and all the different variations of what it's been but I was back home recently and decided to take my mum.
It was a Friday night and we hadn't book and on the way down I did wonder if we should have. My mum has limited mobility currently and I was back without transport so when we entered and were asked if we had a booking my heart sank. But we were in luck they could make room for us as long as we agreed to an end time.
I really don't mind that up front honesty and to be fair it was an hour and a half we had, they even managed to get us a table with room for my mum.

I will be honest and say the waiting staff a probably students and god love some of them not the greatest, but all well meaning and helpful.
The Maitr'd keeps a good eye on everything so we were never left wanting.

Food was a good nice of Italian Scottish fusion, 1st time I've had chicken stuffed with Haggis but it was delicious, as was the starter and the wine.

We actually ran over our time but they worked through the other tables to accommodate everyone.

All in all I personally thought it was really good for the price and can't complain about the level of service we recieved.

I'd also say that they are about the longest tenants of the location I can remember. They might have the odd off day and it's not luxury haute cuisine but I wouldn't think twice to recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Won't be in a rush back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I were staying at a nearby hotel and after we had read all the reviews about the Italian Bistro decided to try it out for dinner. Bad choice. I had made the booking over 2 weeks prior, had email confirmation of my request, only to be told when we turned up they had no record of it, which to me is poor service. Anyway, seeing as we were only one of 3 couples in the whole restaurant, we were quickly seated and given menus. The food which to follow was terrible, 'Italian food' it was not. Every dish was saturated in cheese with no real taste to it. Our waitress even remarked on how little we had eaten. A huge disappointment to a meal we had been looking forward to. The only good remark about this place, was our waitress, who was very sweet and appeared to be the only one actually working!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“distinctly average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have driven past this restaurant many times and wondered what it would be like.
Situated in a beautiful blonde sandstone building I imagined that it would be as attractive inside.... well I was disappointed.The interior is somewhat bland and lacking in atmosphere/ ambience and I found the temperature rather cold.i was glad that I had my jacket on!
The food itself was fine but nothing out of the ordinary.
Our waiter was pleasant enough but his self presentation was poor: his shirt could have done with an iron.
Overall I was disappointed and I wont be rushing back

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Our favourite west end eatery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

We are regulars at this lovely restaurant, and love its laid back ambience.

My wife and two adult daughters took me there for my birthday meal, and we had a fabulous evening.

The staff were welcoming and attentive , and we were shown to our table in a quiet corner of the restaurant.

Starters chosen were a mixture of traditional Italian dishes, though the favourite main was chicken breast with haggis filling - delicious.

We were a tad ambitious with the weighty chessboard, but overall would once again highly commend this gem of a restaurant.

Living within a mile has its advantages - though the fact that we return so often tells its own story.

Highly recommended.