“From Dubai to Glasgow!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Koolba

Koolba
109 Candleriggs, Glasgow G1 1NP, Scotland (City Centre)
+44 141 552 2777
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Koolba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,974 Restaurants in Glasgow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian, Persian
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“From Dubai to Glasgow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Living in Dubai and spoilt by very good restaurants, I can honestly say this is by far one of the best Indian meals I have ever had. Excellent food, great choice of beer, and overall a restaurant I would go back to many times.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fattah H, Owner at Koolba, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hello there Paul,

Thank you for visiting us during your time in Glasgow. I'm pleased that we can hold our own on an international level and I will most certainly feed this back to the staff members too.

If you are back in Glasgow in the future please visit us again.

Haddad

NSW
“Passion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

They're passionate about their food, we're passionate about what we were served (and how). Win win I would say. Highly recommended for Glasgow I would say.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fattah H, Owner at Koolba, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Hello there,

We are very passionate about what we do from service to food quality and I'm pleased you picked up on this. I hope we see you back when you are next in Glasgow.

Kind regards

Ayrshire
“Great stuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Lovely meal in a relaxed atmosphere, staff friendly and helpful. Great value for money. We will definitely be back

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fattah H, Owner at Koolba, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Hi Frances,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a response. Was this your first visit in KoolBa? I hope the first of many. I'm very happy you had a good time and I hope we see you again soon.

Kind regards

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“tasty afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Went to the Koolba on Sunday afternoon with my awesome chick who loves a good tasty hot curry and it did not disappoint.
The food was outstanding and we were more than satisfied with our recommended dish along with an old favourite.
Compliments to the high quality of the chefs, would highly recommend to any curry lovers.
Only one criticism, staff seemed a wee bit sullen and unhappy, wanted to tell them a few jokes just so they could crack a smile ad when we complimented the food, we got a 'yeah whatever' look.
it's only a 9 out of 10 due of lack enthusiasm of staff, but can't wait to go back and try my new favourite curry recommended by the sullen waiter x

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fattah H, Owner at Koolba, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hello Eddie,

I'm glad you both had a great time dining with us and your kind words are much appreciated.

Maybe it was just a misunderstanding because our staff are very attentive and are friendly to all of our customers. We certainly do not advocate a "yeah whatever" attitude at all. If we did we would not have so many regular customers. I apologise if our waiter came across in this way as it was probably unintentional. I'm glad you'll be back again though. And I'm sure you will see that this was just a one time occurrence.

Until then take care,

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Great food- proper Indian food and not too expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We went to the restaurant for food and drinks . We were pleasantly suprised - the pompadoms were really good- not greasy and came with a mango chutney, pickled onions and another sauce - delecious. My curry( asked for extra hot- was so spicy!) was great although the rice was less than average. Overall really good Indian food- main courses around 12 pounds but do not include rice

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fattah H, Owner at Koolba, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hello Lee,

Thank you for your comments. It would be great to hear some more feedback on why you thought our rice was below average. Please email us on info@koolba.com. Overall though I am glad you had a great time and I hope we see you again soon.

Kind regards,