“Thermal Suite spa experience was heaven!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blythswood Square

You added Blythswood Square to your Saves list
Blythswood Square
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Blythswood Square, Glasgow G2 4AD, Scotland (City Centre)   |
Offers & Announcements
15% off Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Thermal Suite spa experience was heaven!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We treated ourselves to the thermal experience a couple of days after our wedding - before we flew out on honeymoon - and it was the best way to relax. We were exhausted, had millions of family staying with us and needed some peace and quiet. This was exactly what we got!
Although expensive, it's fully worth it if you spend the full three hours going between the various saunas, cool pools, jacuzzis and ice showers. There are small rooms with reclining seats and low lighting, bigger pools with flowing water for self-administered shoulder massages and dip pools where you can choose whether to have bubbles or not.
It's clean, the changing facilities are spacious and it attracts lots of couples, small groups of friends and individuals. This is not a place to go and have a laugh - it really is for zoning out and that's just what most people do.

Room Tip: Go during a week day, if possible so there are fewer people and search online voucher sites in advan...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend last weekend! The room was great, very modern & clean. Bathroom was lovely with both a bath and separate shower room. My boyfriend had arranged for bottle of bubbly in the room, however we had no champagne glasses. He phoned reception and they brought some up straight away! Reception staff very helpful with any questions we had during our stay.

We ordered room service and food was great, I recommend the burgers!

The bed was very comfortable and the black out curtains were great! The following morning we had breakfast delivered to the room, the breakfast was lovely, it arrived nice and hot and just the way we had asked for it. Also we didn't have to checkout until 12 which was even better!

Unfortunately on this occasion we didn't have time to go to the spa but I have been previously and it is fantastic. Very relaxing and I can thoroughly recommend the facial, body wrap and full body massage. All were very relaxing and the staff couldn't do enough to help whenever possible!

We will most definitely be staying here again and next I will be going to the Spa!

• Stayed September 2012
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a great time here - our classic room was spacious, with a large bed, flat screen TV and a marble bathroom. Breakfast was continental buffet with your cooked breakfast options ordered off the menu and was very tasty. The hotel is stunning, well designed and very central for exploring Glasgow's bars & restaurants.
The thermal experience within the Spa was also good, very relaxing with different treatment rooms to help you unwind.
We would definately stay here again.

scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Spent one night in Blythswood Square celebrating our anniversary. The hotel is lovely, a short walk from Buchanan Street and shopping malls. Our room, a classic, was lovely. Very large bed, seating area and large screen tv joined to the foot of the bed. Had beautiful marble bathroom, with seperate bath and shower, and heated floor in bathroom. Were on a B&B basis and breakfast was lovely, hot, plentiful and great service.
The room rate offers complimentary entry to the Thermal Experience in the spa between 7-9am and 6-9pm, otherwise its £20 each for hotel guests. The spa is nice but would have felt cheated if i'd paid extra to visit it. For £20 on top of the room rate, I would have expected more.
Our room overlooked the Square and was quite noisy at night, with cars racing around and revellers coming home from the pubs etc, but that is not the hotels fault, after all it is city centre.
all in all a lovely hotel, slightly overpriced. Would go back and would recommend it to others

Room Tip: as for quiet rooms at rear of hotel
Banchory, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I truly loved this hotel , We had Itison voucher purchased for our Anniversary ...I really did not want to leave! Beautiful building which has incorporated original features with some truly stunning and outstanding high end modern style. The rooms are very well designed , the beds are extremely comfortable. The thermal experience was great and the hot stone massage was wonderful ! Our dinner in the fabulous restaurant was excellent , my only gripe was my cocktail in the bar did not meet my expectations and tasted a lot different to my normal long island iced tea! However staff did offer to change it but refused as we were ready to go for dinner . Also thought the glass for an expensive cocktails was not up to standard. Wine list could be more extensive and perhaps a Sommelier in house. The steaks are very good if pricey! What makes this hotel so good is the staff , every member was exceptional , must be hand picked or excellent training programme, or both. I cannot wait to return! Thanks for a really chilled out relaxing overnight stay.

Room Tip: As for one overlooking the square
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Good hotel, nice rooms, mostly good staff (particularly the young concierge) but I didn't think the spa was as good as it could / should have been. Only allowing hotel guests the free use of it between 6pm and 9pm in the evening and 7am until 9am in the morning is, I think, pretty cheeky, particularly when most of the water jets (for massaging your shoulders etc) didn't work. The treatments are very expensive too: I've been to better spas with more facilities and paid about half of what this hotel is charging. However, overall I think this is a good hotel but I certainly wouldn't pay the top end of the rack rate (£260). One last thing: when someone's air conditioning doesn't work all staff should know that the first thing you should do is apologise to the guest (which didn't happen until I checked out) especially when said guest is in a room where the windows can't be opened! That said, we did receive a 20% discount - but only, I suspect, because I asked for it. I would have preferred a cool room! Not sure I would stay there again, but would recommend it albeit with a few provisos.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have stayed at the Blytheswood several times on business and now choose it over the Radisson which was my usual Glasgow stalwart.

Whilst slightly out of town (think 7 min walk uphill from where the shops are).

The rooms are comfortable and decor is modern. The bathrooms, whilst full marble and ever so slightly ostentatious, are really quite indulgent and great for a bit of me time on a business trip.

The crowning glory of this hotel, however, is the underground spa. I have stayed in many hotels worldwide and this was probably one of the best I have seen. In fact it was a lovely surprise - the facilities were totally unexpected for the dreary wet business trip I was on at the time. I hadn't even packed my shorts...so off I trotted to Primark!!

Anyway, the Hotel is a little gem and is now my preferred option over the Radisson and poorly lit Mal Maison just over the square. The restaurant at the Blytheswood has always been nice, providing quality food without being too fancy and the lovely seafood restaurant "Two Fat Ladies" is only a couple of doors down - definitely worth a try.

Finally - the staff have always been very friendly, professional, helpful, and discreet.
This hotel is one of those rare hotels I've find on a business trip where I think "I've got to come back for a weekend away". Excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Blythswood Square? Share your experiences!