“disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hummingbird

Hummingbird
186 Bath Street, Glasgow G2 4HG, Scotland (City Centre)
0141 332 8513
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #547 of 1,876 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: A fantasy escape over four floors, encompassing numerous bars, a restaurant and a unique club space, as well as a multitude of party pods and secret corners to discover.This is no ordinary bar / club / venue / pub / hang out / restaurant{ delete as appropiate }
“disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

my daughter comes here a lot {verbally gave this a 5} but I would have to disagree, it was so dark we could not see what we were eating, The dinner was just warm the sprouts were hard, The soup was good and the sweet was ok, The waiter was scruffy in appearance, although he was efficient at his job, We went with a {itison} deal for three but my wife was ill and could not make it. I thought they would have offered a discount voucher to encourage us back but no such luck

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Humming B, Manager at Hummingbird, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thanks for your review, and apologies for us not fulfilling your expectations on this occasion.
Our lighting is changed during the course of the day to try and accommodate for all of our customers needs and I'm sorry you felt it was too dark to enjoy your food. If you were returning I would recommend requesting a window table as due to the layout of the building there is very little natural light. This should always be able to be arranged for you in advance.
I am disappointed to hear you didn't enjoy every part of your meal, we aim to please and always try to resolve any issues with food immediately.
If you would like to discuss your experience further please do not hesitate to call us on 0141 332 8513.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Christmas Party - What a Cracker!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We held our annual Christmas Party in Diskoteka - which is in the basement of the Hummingbird. What a fabulous space. At £35 per head it was good value, it included private use of Diskoteka, a glass of fizz on arrival, buffet, 1 drink voucher (which you could have either, Vodka, Gin and Bacardi with mixer, or Peroni, or any colour of wine)...they were very flexible as my colleague only drinks brandy - they included this as well....nice touch Hummingbird...The buffet food was excellent. Normally the food is where is all falls down at Christmas, not at the Hummingbird. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend Hummingbird for great atmosphere, staff and great spaces throughout. Have used the Posh Room for private event - and again no complaints. I will certainly be back. Just as a teaser, they do 2 for 1 on Cocktails on a Thursday..

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Humming B, Manager at Hummingbird, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review us, we are delighted by your comments and feedback.

We have free room hire available Tuesday to Friday during January so if you have any other events in the near future keep us in mind!

Hope to see you again soon.
“Worst lunch ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I actually don't know where to start. It was awful. We have just been for a work team lunch in the Hummingbird and have to say it was the worst lunch experience I have ever had. I wanted to say disappointing but it would be a gross understatement.

Knowing that there were 18 of us we thought we'd give the kitchen a break by per-ordering...THREE DAYS AGO.

The table was booked for 12:15pm, so there really was no excuse for us all still waiting for our food 45 minutes later (also, we were the ONLY people in the restaurant).

When we eventually started to get served, the food arrived in no particular order (they were still serving sides when most people had finished their mains and other people were leaving because we only had an hour for lunch).

Someones burger was put down in front of the wrong person, who cut it in half then realised it wasn't theirs, so the server turned around and offered the butchered burger to the person who actually ordered it (who had to accept for fear of starvation).

I also have no idea why the server started to deliver Ketchup and Mayonnaise to our tables at twenty-past one, when we'd been there for over an hour and almost everyone had finished eating. Very strange.

The burgers when they arrived were OK but generally the food really was hit or miss... myself and one other I felt slightly misled by the promise of "chilli" on the menu, it really should have just been called "rice", as the chilli was definitely the underdog of that dish.

I wouldn't like to think what would have happened if 18 of us had just turned up unannounced and was surprised to see a sign at the front door when I left saying they were too busy to take any more tables for lunch - we were the only people there and there were only 2 tables in use.

Unorganised chaos at the very best. The service really could have made up for the kitchens incompetence, but unfortunately all of the many staff were too busy setting Christmas tables and never once apologised for the length of time it took to get served (or not served).

On the plus side - the cocktails were cheap, and very well made!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Humming B, General Manager at Hummingbird, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Euan
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. At Hummingbird, providing unique and excellent customer service is what we strive for, however, on this occasion it seems that we have failed to do so. I cannot apologise enough for the service that you received and I will be in touch to discuss your experience further.
Kind Regards, HB.
Coatbridge, United Kingdom
“Total Disgrace”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I arrange a team lunch for 18 people, pre booked and pre ordered on the 3rd of December, phoned this morning to confirm booking and order would be ready for our arrival and food served at 12.15, arrived at 12.05, food came at 13.15, wrong orders people had finished before before other food had arrived, as we were walking out they were bringing more side dishes, not even as much as an apology.
One member of staff was serving us , the restaurant had no other guests apart from us and the rest of the staff (abouve 5 of them) were too busy laying table for non existant guest,

The food - AWFUL, COLD, LATE, WRONG

Never Again, such a shame as the tip would have probaby been over £50 easily if they had met otr needs

MASSIVE FAIL

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hi Sharon,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at Hummingbird. Firstly I would like to express me sincerest apologies for the service that you and your team received. I would like to reassure you that providing excellent customer care and service is very important to us and as a result of your review I have already spoken with the kitchen and management team on shift at the time. The team were preparing for a very large Xmas booking at the time however this is absolutely no excuse for the time that you had to wait for your food given that you pre-ordered to make it easier for us. We value your custom greatly and I hope that this experience will not deter you from visiting again.
Kind Regards, HB
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Cheap cocktail and burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Went here a few months ago on a thursday. Cocktails were all half price and so unusual but tasty, burgers were 2 for 1 so worked out cheap also. Nice atmosphere inside, would recommend if on a budget. Only downside is menu is quite limited

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Humming B, General Manager at Hummingbird, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Hey there,
Thank you so much for the great review! Glad to hear you enjoyed our cocktails! They're such great value and even greater at 1/2 price! Our menu can be a bit limited but you know where to come if you feel like a burger! Hopefully see you again soon! HB