“Worth a Look” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Two Fat Ladies at the Buttery

Two Fat Ladies at the Buttery
652 Argyle Street, Glasgow, Scotland (Anderston)
+44 141 221 8188
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 1,884 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, Seafood, British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert, Private Dining
Neighborhood: Anderston
“Worth a Look”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Excellent restaurant. Good service, good staff, just right. The food was great. The scallops were cooked to perfection. Great service good food what else can I say

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We liked the intimacy of this restaurant. It is situated well with a decent amount of parking. Food is very tasty and staff are efficient. We arrived at our booking time, but apparently we hadn't booked. Confused, nice all the same

Visited January 2014
london
“A must!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Heard and researched this restaurant before meeting yup with friends and by jove it was an excellent evening. We were a very big table of 16 and what impressed me most was that they got every item right without any help and to top it all the bill which we wanted seperated was all done without any fuss. The service was excellent.
A bit pricey but then what do you expect from a top class restaurant and compared to London it was slightly more affordable. Interesting to note that it has nothing to do with the tv series 2 fat ladies but relates to bingo 88 which is similar to the name.
A must if in Glasgow and will go back when i next visit.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Excellent dinner at the restaurant. Good service, attentive but not overpowering, just right. The food was as good as ever. The scallops were cooked to perfection. I did feel slightly guilty about the banana and toffee crepe with clotted cream but it was worth it. Would I go back - absolutely. A restaurant that I have no hesitation in recommending.

Visited February 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Private dinning for 8 at the buttery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

My family and I ate here to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary on the 5pm private dinning deal for 8. This involved a prosecco reception with canapés to start before a 3 course meal with half a bottle of wine each followed by tea/coffee with petite fours in a private room. I am vegetarian and there was an excellent choice of dishes for me. The canapés and prosecco to start were lovely with a choice of goats cheese puff pastry, haggis fritters and Thai chicken parcels. All went down a treat in the lounge area which was slightly cramped although very pleasant. We then ordered our meals before moving through. The choice of starters included smoked salmon, blue cheese and pear bruschetta, soup of the day and Cullen skink. The starters were enjoyable and for my husband were a relative high point. For the mains there was a choice of monk fish, sea bream, chicken stuffed with pate. The veggie options were extensive and included ravioli, linguine, mushroom parcels, thai veggie curry and vegetable platter. I had the mushroom parcels which were lovely and my sister had the linguine which was a little cheesy and heavy for her. The sea bream was reported as excellent by my mother in law. However my husband was slightly lukewarm about the chicken after a promising starter. For desert the brandy basket, chocolate cake and cheese board all hit the spot. The chocolate orange ice cream was a highlight for my sister. The cheese board was locally sourced and of a very good standard. The petit fours were generously apportioned. All in all this was a very good dining experience. We would recommend this for a special occasion but this is probably more a seafood restaurant which can easily accommodate vegetarians. I give it an overall 4, but it wouldn't take much to bump it up to a 5.

• Visited February 2014