“lovely dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Lanterna

La Lanterna
35 Hope Street, Glasgow G2 6AE, Scotland (City Centre)
0141 221 9160
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #59 of 1,974 Restaurants in Glasgow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Winner of The Glasgow Restaurant Association's Best Italian Restaurant category in 2012 and The Official Scottish Entertainment Guide Awards' Best Italian category in 2013, La Lanterna has been serving customers Glasgow's finest Italian food experience for over 40 years.Situated opposite Central Station and adjacent to Radisson Blu Hotel it is the ideal location for a business event or for visitors to the city. On offer are a fine selection of handmade pastas and raviolis with wild boar or seafood. For meat lovers there are a selection of steaks including both veal and beef T-bones. A selection of daily fish specials are always available along with an extensive Italian wine list selected from the finest vineyards in Italy. A warm welcome awaits in a friendly and intimate atmosphere in the heart of Glasgow.
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“lovely dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went for dinner and although I must admit that the food was not amazing but it is so beautiful and authentic. We had such a good time and walked away thinking that was sooooo nice! It is a beautiful restaurant, quite fancy. The staff are friendly and very Italian which is fun. The food was still delicious and we had a fab time. Not wheelchair accessible though! We had to carry my sister down the stairs.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Italian meal in Glasgow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

While walking around the city of Glasgow, we came across La Lanterna and thought we might as well have our lunch there. The place is rather small and the sitting area is rather cramp. So when it is crowded it makes the place rather noisy. When we were there, there was quite a crowd and we had to more or less walk through the narrow aisle to our table at the corner.

The food that we have ordered are pretty good and the portion are quite small for a "big" eater but for me I find the portion is just nice.

I would say that the pricing is to be expected from a Italian restaurant in Glasgow. Our total meal comes up to £79.25. The price is inclusive of a bottle of Moscato D'Asti which cost £16.95. They give complimentary basket of cut "french loaf".

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nanaimo, Canada
“A true taste of Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Went on a Saturday evening with a large family group. It was jam packed but we were served quickly and there was always staff on hand to clear tables, bring bread, water, food etc. The room was really noisy but the evening moved along so well that we barely noticed, especially since the food was so good. My mushroom ravioli in red wine sauce was just superb. I've been to Italy a couple of times and had some pretty bad meals (one in Bologna comes to mind)
This was altogether different.
I'd certainly go back again if I was ever in Glasgow again

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“" Wasn't blown away "”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I ate here today after a long walk around the city centre looking to try something different. I was seated very quickly and then screened the menu and decided to skip the starter and go straight to the main I settled on the tagliatelle carbonara in the al carte section as you cant go wrong really. However when it arrived I found it as other reviews have said to be bland and quite dry although I did eat it but was left unsure as to whether I enjoyed it or not thinking I was being picky. Atmosphere and service was good and
the apple pie desert wasn't to bad but for nearly £30 all in I was left a little dissapointed.
__

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gloucester
“Simply wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just wonderfully cooked food, taste was fantastic, portion sizes were very good and price stunningly reasonable. Would go back in a heart beat.

Visited February 2013