“Very nice Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 1,722 restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Wee Lochan is a happy, friendly restaurant serving delicious food at an affordable price. There are fish dishes, meat dishes and a vegetarian option on every menu. Come and say hello...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very nice Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Four of us dined here on the strength of Tripadvisor reviews. Its slightly off the beaten track but they must be doing something right. We ate at 5pm on a Sat night and the phone never stopped ringing with people trying to get a table who couldnt as it was fully booked from 5pm onward. They must stagger bookings so the kitchen doesnt overload as their where plenty of tables free, but it was getting busy as we left at 7.30

The ambiance is lovely. Decor very nice and more importantly the food was enjoyed by all. Well cooked and innovative menu. We later found out the head chef was off that night and the 2nd chef cooked our meal. It was good. I probably wouldnt have the pot roasted Hake again. Maybe Hake isnt for me, but everyone else loved their meal. Crab Spring rolls, Treacle Smoked Salmon, Monkfish Tail and steaks all loved by their recipients. Wine list also excellent. The place isnt cheap, but you get what you pay for usually in life. We would return

• Visited October 2013
AislaJ, Owner at Wee Lochan, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hi Mr Baxendale

Aisla here,

Glad you had a good meal on Saturday - always nice to know that all was well.
I just wanted to clear up a wee point. My husband was indeed off on Saturday night ( someone has to keep the kids in order in our house) but our head chef, Bob, was in charge of the team not our second chef. I thought I might add that to reassure you that on a busy Saturday we do have our top team on even if Rupert isn't there....

And, yes, we do our best to stagger the bookings so that everything stays calm and well timed - sometimes it goes wrong and all the seven o'clock bookings are late and all the half past seven tables are early with everyone arriving with the 7.15 tables. When this happens it can be a bit hectic so we try hard (very very hard) to avoid this....
Hope we see you soon..

Kind regards,

Aisla

93% Recommend
Glasgow
“Lovely food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We go often to Wee Lochan. Tonight we had a lovely meal for a family birthday. The staff are very efficient and good fun. The twice baked parsnip soufflee was amazing! I would recommend it- its very good value and you get lovely tablet with your bill!

• Visited October 2013
Perth, United Kingdom
“Even better than last time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I wish this place was in Perth. I am annoying my friends demanding to come here every time I visit Glasgow. The staff are so friendly. The food fabby and although it a short menu it is very varied. I had the Cullen skink then the scallops (saving room for pudding) then the plum and almond tart. I will be back....!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great little resturant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is the second time we have been here and it is fab,meals are delicious,and desserts are to die for, staff are really nice and helpful and the quality of food is excellent i would highly recommend going we will definetly be going back, better booking at weekend as is always busy.Cant praise it enough go and try you wont be dissapionted.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“A wee gem in the West”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

A friend and I had lunch there last week and we thought it was very good value. Very good fish and interesting twists on old favourites. The treacle basted smoked salmon was excellent as was the smoked haddock. My friend goes there regularly but it was my first time I will be back.

• Visited September 2013