“Another good deal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lorne Hotel

You added Lorne Hotel to your Saves list
Lorne Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   923 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G3 7TQ, Scotland (West End)   |
Ranked #61 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
“Another good deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We have stayed here before and decided to book another overnight stay last Sunday night. Again we were delighted with our stay.The staff were very pleasant. The room we had 325 was immaculate, the bathroom actually sparkled it was so clean. Our meal in the restaurant was amazing, certainly wasn't skimped on with us being on a Today's Great Deal for £79 for two of us, we even had crackers and a party box on the table. Our waitress was very attentive and polite and nothing was too much trouble for her. Our buffet breakfast in the morning was one of the best breakfasts we have had in a hotel. We will most certainly be back and would not hesitate in recommending the hotel and restaurant.

Room Tip: probably 3rd floor or above incase of noise from below.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stay in hotels for weekend breaks with my wife on a regular basis and without doubt this is one of the best I have stayed in for several years. We stayed on 13/12/14 and The reception staff were excellent and very professional in their customer relations and presentation. The room was very modern,a little small but well furnished and immaculate. The bar area and staff were way above normal hotel standards and the restaurant was in my opinion the best Indian meal I have tasted. The hotel deserves a 4 star rating.
My complements to the management on all of their staff they are a credit to the hotel.
My wife and I will be back.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The receptionist HAZEL at this hotel was so rude to myself and my partner! After being offered late check out we phoned to confirm and the lady said we were unable to get it anymore and was unable to justify why we had been given incorrect information she decided to hang the phone up on us! After calling back several times she came up to the room pointing her finger in my face and talking loudly and over me that she then said I was being rude and told my partner and I to leave!!!!! At the busiest time of year we were left on the streets and finally found a hotel a few hours later at about 6am! Being well respected individuals we made a letter of complaint asking for a refund and after an investigation was carried out the staff did not only exaggerate how we acted but also lied about how they treated us! If the staff are dishonest about this then I am not confident this is a trust worthy hotel in the slightest! Very disgusted in the behaviour on the night, our experience and the outcome! We will never ever stay here!

• Stayed December 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here on a business trip which was paid for by my company. To be honest, if I had booked and paid for this myself I would have been disappointed. My room was not over spacious and the wardrobe and bed met together at one point which meant you had to shimmy sideways past them. Decor was in need of rejuvenation and most annoyingly the bed squeaked.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here last Saturday for my girlfriend's birthday and on arriving, we were impressed as the place looked impressive and modern.

The room looked fine though we noticed a kind of sewage smell near the bathroom which was there for the duration of our stay.

We came back late Saturday night to find extremely loud music coming from below us. It must have been a karaoke night at the pub below. We were able to get to sleep despite this but after the music stopped the real problems began. For several hours there was loud banging noises as the pub below were clearing up. This was really annoying as you can imagine.

Bottom line is, if you want a good nights sleep then avoid this hotel especially room 210.

The hotel never bothered to respond to my comments online.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've stayed at the Lorne a heap of times over the past year or so. That is testament to the service you receive. Rooms aren't massive but when you are in Glasgow you shouldn't be spending too much time locked up inside.

Always clean, food down in the restaurant is excellent and the bar staff who are strangely mostly Eastern European are very pleasant to chat to.

Can't fault it really for the price, will be back in the near future no doubt!

Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a one night stay here recently which I managed to bag at a cheaper rate than Travelodges in the area. The staff were friendly, helpful and courteous, the room was cosy, clean and modern and had a very comfy bed, the hotel isn't in the city centre but is a 20 minute walk in which takes you through an area of pleasant bars and restaurants. The staff were a massive compliment to this place and couldnt do enough to help, I shall definitely look at returning!

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Been to Lorne Hotel? Share your experiences!