“Good overall stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lorne Hotel

You added Lorne Hotel to your Saves list
Lorne Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   923 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G3 7TQ, Scotland (West End)   |
Ranked #61 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Rushden, United Kingdom
“Good overall stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Good vacation at a good hotel,staff excellent, service good, room clean and tidy but shower was a let down lift next to room very noisey,not enough storage space. Apart from the minor details would recommend a stay there

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Milano
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Average hotel, just a bit to expensive compared to the whole quality. With little more attention it could be a much better hotel. Clean room, ours large enough. Hair drier works for ten seconds and then stops for a minute (sort of energy saving, but it make useless the equipment). Wifi available only in the bath room. Average breakfast.

Room Tip: Wifi signal is very low in rooms at the outer side
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Bellshill, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

the rooms are small but very clean.staff on reception very good.but the hotel comes to life when you go down for dinner at the BUKHARAH indian restaurant staff are very very good neat and tidy.sandra was great.and the manager smashing guy.cant mind his name.he told me to call him sorehead.we where on the ggd £69 dbb the meal alone is worth it.plenty of bars roundabout the hotel.but why go out if you have a beautiful lounge to relax in 4 stars for hotel 5 for restaurant.we had a great time.we stayed in room 318 which was a disabled persons room.so a couple of nigells if your are abiledbodied but room was fine otherwise i would have given it 5 stars.

Livingston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I recently booked 2 vouchers through Todays Great Deals for an overnight stay, dinner and breakfast. I received my vouchers with no issues and I contacted the Lorne Hotel reservation line and spoke to Audrey I asked for bookings originally on the 22nd and she said she was really sorry but she did not have 2 rooms on that date but could book me the 29th of March. She took both voucher codes and read them back to me ending the call with "that's 2 double rooms booked for the 29th of March we look forward to seeing you then" I thought so far service seems good. The 29th of March arrives and my husband and I are so looking forward to night out with his brother and his wife without the kids for the 1st time in about 18months. We arrive at the hotel at about 17:30 we head to reception and they take the 2 voucher codes but can only find 1 booking, we stand at reception for an age. I have advised them that I booked it with Audrey who is the "Reservations Manager". Audrey then appears and says that there is only 1 room booked and there are no other rooms in the hotel that night. She went on to add “I’ve booked 500 of these deals I don’t remember yours”. (Because that was helpful) I stated that this was not acceptable and what was she going to do to rectify the situation. Her response was that she had said sorry and there was nothing else she could do. I then asked to speak to the General Manager FRANK [--]; OMG this guy is in the wrong job. The General Manager had been standing listening to the whole situation but had not interjected to offer an apology or a solution. He stands in from of me and as I attempt to speak he rudely says "I've heard it all" there is nothing I can do. I ask him to stop telling me what he can't do and to find me a solution. His answer "I don't have one". How is that for empathy? As a General Manger in a customer service industry you would think he would have shown something he offered nothing to attempt diffuse the situation his attitude actually made it worse. I am a manager in the customer service industry and would never treat a customer is such a disgusting way. My party of 4 are standing in his reception having a disagreement and he seemed perfectly ok with this. He only apologised when asked for it. He is rude, arrogant and smug there is no wonder that so many of the reviews I have read mention that the staff are inept. We left the hotel and headed back home. I have now gone on a bit of a mission regarding the LORNE HOTEL and its staff I have read news articles on this hotel and its owners I am actually not surprised that the staff are allowed to behave in the way that they are rude and obnoxious. The local newspaper articles make interesting reading. I have several steps in place to ensure that the public are aware of the service or should I say lack of service that this hotel will provide.

hamilton,scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

My husband & I stayed at this hotel last night. We got a Deal which included DBB. The staff are so friendly, the rooms are very clean, bed also very comfy. The Indian restaurant is a must if you are staying here & the breakfast the next morning was amazing. Well worth it. Will def return again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Attleborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

My experience of staying in hotels varies but this has to be one has to be the most average one yet. The hotel seems to have been renovated recently to make it more modern. In doing so they have made the rooms feel very cold. The LED lighting in the ceilings are very bright and "hospital like", the fixtures and fittings are very boxy and not home like at all. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were cheap and nasty. We didn't eat here as we had other plans, but the restaurant and bar area seem to have the same feel as the rest of the hotel. This being said, we had a very comfortable night and slept very well so all in all not a terrible stay.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed overnight on a voucher deal. Bed, breakfast and a 3 course meal. From check-in to check-out the service was fantastic. Audrey, in particular, was very friendly and helpful. The room was compact but spotless. The cocktails are a must! The food in the restaurant, Indian, was some of the best we've tasted. Breakfast was delicious, especially the fresh fruit salad. Can't understand why some recent reviewers didn't enjoy their stay. Guess some people just expect far too much.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Lorne Hotel? Share your experiences!