“Okay but....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lorne Hotel

You added Lorne Hotel to your Saves list
Lorne Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   923 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G3 7TQ, Scotland (West End)   |
Ranked #61 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Stonehaven, United Kingdom
“Okay but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here last night to take in a concert in Glasgow. Firstly it's moderately good value for money and the receptionists were both fantastic and really helpful, however even at the low prices you expect "the details" to be right.
Parking, though advertised as a cost option is roadside and unsecure, costs are Glasgow City Council parking charges a huge negative especially as websites and other booking sites are completely ambiguous on this. You need to be up before eight to feed the meters in the morning before the trafgic wardens get there at 8:30. There obviously is parking available, the stream of BMWs this morning gave that away. I booked on the basis of the parking option, I was very disappointed.
The rooms are small the bathrooms tiny, big issue if youre bigger than super skinny. They lack space and details, no plug points beside mirrors for dressing hair/ make up that sort of stuff, no wifi, tea/coffee facilities very very basic. Breakfast is buffet service but you don't have any waiter service, tea/coffee from a central point and had been there for ages, food tepid and not hugely fresh, it wasn't good.
The Lorne is okay and I'd probably stay again but they charge basic Travel Inn type prices, the details should be of similar standard. I suspect I could have found better for similar money.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Booked into this hotel for one night and it looked really nice when I walked in. I got into my room and it was a different story,it was covered in dust,had money lying on the floor and part of the front of the chest of drawers was not there which instead was covered with horrible white paint. I called the reception to ask for a change of room and the staff were rude, I could hear their full conversation of the staff member's which included "they did not pay full price for the room", even though I did. After about 5 minutes they said to come down to the reception. Again the staff were rude and they gave me 3 rooms to choose from. The rooms again all had faults, but I had to settle for one. I made a mistake of booking this hotel, please don't do the same!!

Room Tip: Do not use this hotel!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dumfries, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I booked this hotel on the 4th of May for myself and 7 of my friends to celebrate my birthday. On arrival we found the staff very helpful, polite and friendly and were checked in as soon as we arrived (15 minutes early). Once we had all checked in we found our rooms to be clean and very spacious. We then headed down to the Bilberry Bar for a few drinks and the barman Rory was very helpful and his strawberry daiquiris were to die for. As the afternoon progressed and the drinks flowed we then used the hotels restaurant and I must say the food was "out of this world" and the staff were fantastic.......even presented me with a bithday cake.

All in all I would highly recommened The Lorne Hotel to anyone who is looking to book a stylish hotel when visiting Glasgow and I would like to thank all the staff for a fantastic weekend x

I would like to add that I think people are more prone to write "bad" reviews instead of good ones so I personally wouldn't take too much notice of the negative reviews on here.

Room Tip: All 4 rooms that we booked (2 double and 2 twin) were equally as comfortable as each other.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Crieff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Lovely reception and bar areas with very friendly staff. Our room was on the top floor on the corner and was huge. Furniture a bit tired but everything else was fantastic. I'm told by friends in Glasgow that the Lorne's restaurant is one of the best Indian restaurants in the city, pity we did not have time to try it out. Another positive point is that the hot breakfast is cooked to order which is very rare these days and was lovely.
The hotel is well located for the west end and all the attractions the area has to offer. We found it cheaper to book directly with the hotel as their price included breakfast. Room 515 was ours and I would recommend it for the views alone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel for two nights and were sadly disappointed by the hotel! When we arrived the reception looked great with a lovely bar and fancy seating area! When we eventually found our room and brought our bags in we suddenly found faults! Sockets on the walls were coming loose, there were no mirrors, holes in the walls ( presumably where mirrors used to be!) Our view was of roof tops and a vent! And then i found hair in the bed! We complained at reception so the offered us another room which was not any better and also smaller with the corridors smelling of sewage mixed with indian food from downstairs! We were shown around three other rooms to which by this point we both lost hope of a decent room and just settled for one of three! This hotel was a huge disappointment but we didn't let it spoil our weekend and made the most of it! Would not stay there again im afraid.

• Stayed April 2013
Nottingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The reception area is promising but unfortunately the rooms are not quite so impressive. My room was tired with worn furniture and dirty carpet. The kettle didnt work. The shower was excellent though and bed clean & comfortable and had good nights sleep. Little storage especially wardrobe space. Breakfast was awful first day it was served buffet style but was stone cold as the air conditioning was blowing directly onto it. No Orange juice nor coffee. Second day breakfast was cooked to order and still managed to be cold and still no orange juice. Position of hotel is good for Glasgow and for secc. Reception staff were extremely helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was concerned about staying at this hotel after reading the reviews. Having called the Hotel to express my worries, they upgraded our room to a Deluxe room free of charge. It was fabulous, the staff were helpful and friendly - I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and will be back (hopefully soon.)

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Lorne Hotel? Share your experiences!