“handy for town and the university” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Acorn Hotel

Save Saved
You added Acorn Hotel to your Saves list
Acorn Hotel
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   140 Elderslie Street, Glasgow G3 7AW, Scotland (West End)   |
Ranked #42 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Bristol
“handy for town and the university”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this very pleasant small hotel in the west end of Glasgow. The west end is definitely the more attractive and less frenetic of the locations to stay assuming you don't mind being off the main drag as regards the big shops and the more fashionable late night bars and clubs. If you are coming from the airport don't get the 500 airport bus ( like we did) get the 746 which stops in the west side of the M8 nearer the bottom of Elderslie Road. The hotel? Well we had a nicely decorated twin room with a smart bathroom. Beds were comfortable and the heating was adjustable - it was cold when we stayed and the room was fine at night. A walk-in shower, good quality TV, drinks making facilities were provided. Breakfasts were pretty good freshly cooked to order. Several good restaurants 10 minutes walk away on Argyll street and one really nice Indian/Scottish at the bottom of the street. Enjoy

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

First time to Glasgow. George who was on the desk provided maps, directions and advice which prove very useful in helping us to find our way around Glasgow. Good Bus connection to Glasgow airport nearby. George was very friendly and helpful overall. We enjoyed our stay. I hope they change the pillows and soundproof the room a bit more in future.

• Stayed April 2013
Edinburgh u
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The staff are incredibly helpful, polite and kind. Our double room was well heated, clean, reasonable size, good shower, and comfortable. Plenty of choice at breakfast and delicious. I would seriously recommend this hotel. I plan to visit it again in the future. You won't be disappointed

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We received a warm friendly welcome, checked in and shown to our room within 2 minutes, given an extremely helpful explanation of the location of Hotel in relation to nearby attractions, restaurants & bus routes.
Our room on the first floor was well proportioned, warm and spotlessly clean. At breakfast the next morning we received the same warm friendly welcome, good food, well presented and efficiently served. Bed & Breakfast at this Hotel is excellent value for money.
Overall an extremely pleasant experience with the added bonus of great customer service which can be lacking in much larger establishments . A real ' Home from Home'.

Room Tip: We were delighted with our room on the first floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

This is good value for money and young George made the difference.
Breakfast was well presented George cooked this well (recommend the poached eggs).
The balconey's could have been cleaned. There is some traffic noise from the streets but the hotel itself is quiet.
A lot of good restaurants at a walkable distance and kelvingrove park is a hop away.
The room was a bit tiny and the shower tinier still - but the loo and bathroom were clean. The towels were clean.
The room was warm

• Stayed March 2013
Canada Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed one night in this small quiet hotel. Very nice clean room with tea and coffee making facilities and lots of drawer and hanging space with more hangers than I've ever seen in any hotel. My kind of mindset! There was a safe in the room and an efficient hairdryer and even hair styler/straighteners. The bed was comfortable. The room was warm and cosy,had an en suite shower room with lots of space, modern design and a nice warm towel rail. The breakfast was freshly made to order and delicious. Our host was a real gentleman offering help with directions and suggested attractions. We would definitely recommend this amazing little hotel in a quiet part of town. We would stay here again and give top marks for location and value for money. Next time we may ask for a different room as the road was a shade noisy in the early hours with traffic but this was a minor annoyance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
south wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night in this hotel and must say it was a very pleasant stay. The front door is key card operated so I was met by the receptionist who led me into the small lobby and checked me in within 2 minutes. Very friendly, gave me a street map and showed me how to get to the city centre (15 minute walk). The hotel is in a quiet area and I felt comfortable walking back by myself after midnight.

I stayed in a single room which was street facing. There was hardly any street noise, in fact the only noise I heard was from next door's tv. My room was very small and felt cramped, but the bed was comfortable and it was modern. Same goes for the bathroom, which had a great power shower. I can't comment on the breakfast as I had an early checkout.

The hotel has free wifi and for the price I paid (£45) I thought it was great value. I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2013

Been to Acorn Hotel? Share your experiences!