“Superstar Brunch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of trans-europe cafe

trans-europe cafe
parnie street, Glasgow, Scotland (City Centre)
Improve this listing
Neighborhood: City Centre
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Superstar Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Horse McDonald's post Barrowands brunch provided the cafe with an unexpectedly large group which was accommodated with good grace and good service. Management very kindly and politely asked other diners to move so that the large group could be served altogether.
All meals were fresh cooked and served to the usual high standard.
A brilliant brunch for a true superstar and team after a blazingly great gig at The Barrowlands!

• Visited March 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I thank my partner for this wee treat at the weekend. He stumbled across this a few weeks ago and had been raving about it ever since. I was dying to check this out so we had a few errnds to run in Candleriggs and decided we would have some brunch there and I am so glad we did. What a find! Cool place, some great games and lovely staff to boot! Eggs benedict looked delicious I had food envy when this arrived but then my "copenhagen" came and I was pleased as punch! Succulent chicken, tasty cheese and crusty breads with nice salad! What a fantatsic start to the day! It's chilled out vibe, buzzing stuff working away quickly and still very chatty weven though this place keeps them busy, it is apparently always very busy and whilst we were there there wer lots coming an going!

I cannot wait to work through this menu! Next trip is on the card for this weekend. Go!

• Visited February 2013
glasgow, Scotland
“a little bit of europe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have walked past this cafe many times over the last 15 years but never ventured in. I had read the good reviews and trying to improve my credibility with my teenage son we popped in on a Sunday afternoon
The atmosphere is totally genuine and reminds me of cafes in Amsterdam, Berlin and France. A hundred miles away from the chain restaurants and coffee houses
The attentive staff added to the atmosphere by singing along with the piped music (which fitted into the style of the cafe)
The prices are very reasonable and the all day breakfast and brunch will tempt me back
To sum up it has SOUL

• Visited January 2013
Las Salinas
“Hangover Cure Institute”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Best place for breakfast after a big night out. I've been known to trek there from the west end. Cheery service and very reasonable.

Visited August 2012
Glasgow
“Must have been nice once”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Looking around this tired old place it must have been fantastic once, but now it is a bit dreary. It's a shame because there is a lot of attention to detail, maps on the wall, seats from old buses, European destination-themed dishes on the menu. But the food itself I found to be below average. I actually hated mine, I picked what looked to be a plain simple dish and ended up getting loads of ingredients that weren't mentioned in the menu, so if you have food allergies either don't go here or be really demanding about what you want. I wasn't allergic to any of my food, but it did feature stuff I'm not fond of and some strong tastes which mixed together tasted like a dog's dinner!

• Visited January 2013