“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #446 of 1,838 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Bar, Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic Spanish Tapas Bar in Glasgow City Centre, perfect for every occasion whether you are looking for a full meal, or just a snack or a dink. We serve a full range of tapas dishes, Spanish paella and bar snacks using fresh ingredients. We also have a comfortable bar area and offer a large range of beers, cocktails, spirits and liqueurs and specially selected wines and Cava from across Spain.
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Went here for Mother's Day and used a Mother's Day deal that they had on that worked out brilliant value for money. The initial waitress that greeted us wasn't very helpful but the staff after that were all brilliant and made a real effort. The tapas was lovely, as were the cocktails. I do feel the restaurant could maybe be due a slight update soon - the toilets weren't so nice and a few of the details like cutlery, chairs and menus etc were looking a bit shabby but good meal out overall

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Appalling customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were so excited to try this place as we are massive paella fans. We showed up at 12pm on a Sunday afternoon and the rest of the restaurants were buzzing but this place looked shut so we went away and came back at 12.30pm and it still looked shut....well it was shut so my husband knocked the door and a disinterested, bleary eyed girl came to the door. My husband asked her what time they open at, she looked at her watch then behind her in to the restaurant and then still disinterested and completely unenthusiastic said "now". So we asked for a table for 2 with space for a pram (baby too small for a highchair). As she led us indoors to the dark dreary empty restaurant my husband asked if we could instead sit in the bright empty mezzanine area overlooking the lower floors of the Princes Square. She looked at us, looked at the pram then huffed and made a big deal out of us asking this. Asides from one reserved table the rest appeared available so we asked to sit at a table overlooking the lower floors but again she huffed, rolled her eyes and said no one would be able to get past the pram. Sorry who wouldn't?? The invisible customers that aren't here?? I have never felt more like an inconvenience in my whole life. We were only asking for a nice table in an empty restaurant but she literally was acting as if how dare these people with a pram be so inconsiderate to my non existent customers. At which point we made our excuses and left. Get over yourself Barca and get over the fact that families with prams may want to eat at your restaurant. Then again maybe not after this review.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Not good :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Decided to give Barca a try after going to October/November a fair few times. After looking at the menu online I was looking forward to it as the menu looked fabulous! As we arrived there was little or no atmosphere. Our drinks were pretty good, (my flirtini was lovely-recommended!) they seemed to be the one redeeming quality. We ordered tapas at £16.95 each. It was not worth £16.95 each. Not what I expected and no where as good. Safe to say we will not be back. Swaying from our usual choice of October seemed to be the wrong decision.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great tapas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great restaurant, great happy helpful staff, food was fantastic, we had olives and anchovies to start and an array of mixed main courses, all high quality! Thanks to our waiter whom I can't remember his name but he was the English guy, very polite and professional

“well below expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was our 2nd time at barca and neither was anything to rush back for. It has been a few years since our first visit when the food was not up to much but we decided to give it another go. I go for the full experience when out, this time the food was ok, server was lovely but mockit toilets, dirty glasses left in the hallway leading to the loos and chipped plates did not add up to a nice experience and being that it's not the cheapest we won't be back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere