“Well-crafted German beer... on Glasgow Greeen” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #172 of 1,884 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, German
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Well-crafted German beer... on Glasgow Greeen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I've visited West on three occasions now, and can honestly say their beers are on a par with many I've drunk in Germany. The location is fantastic, perfect for after a stroll round Glasgow Green, and if the weather's good they've got a nice beer garden which gives a view across the Green and of the beautiful Templeton Building in which the bar is situated, I've not eaten here yet, but the food certainly looks appetising if a little pricey. The bar and restaurant also have a great atmosphere, there is normally a good mix of people, including families, and they are also extremely dog friendly.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Glasgow
“A lovely venue, great staff but the food is pretty average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a fantastic looking venue. It's brilliant for large groups and families. The staff are lovely, very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the food is a bit average and a wee bit over-priced. I still think it is worth a visit though and I'd recommend it. We go as it is very child friendly and the atmosphere is great. Just don't go expecting an amazing meal.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ayrshire, Scotland
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Walked out this way one sunny afternoon and stopped for lunch - fab veggie burger with salad and chips, my friend had a beef sandwich - filling but not a lot you can say about a beef sandwich. Apple strudel was lovely. Great service. Tried a light beer this time which was refreshing. Might even convert me to a beer drinker yet!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“A great place for German beers and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great place for German beers and food. Service was excellent and very friendly. I would recommend booking if you want to eat but the staff kindly squeezed us in. I'd definitely return with a group of friends.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oakland, Maine
“The highlight of our visit to Glasgow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My friends and I were on a cruise and only had a day in Glasgow, but wanted some "local flavor." While visiting the nearby People's Palace we saw this place and made a point of getting to it. We were well rewarded for our efforts. Although we couldn't stay for the official tour, Simon, our waiter, gave the four of us an impromptu, table side presentation of all the beers they brew, explaining all of them and pointing out their characteristics while letting us sample them. He was enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and very friendly and welcoming. At the end of our "tour," we each chose a half-pint of our favorite brew to finish off. It was the perfect combination of ambience, friendly interaction, learning, and great tastes. My personal favorite beer was St. Mungo, a full-flavored lager named after the city's patron saint, who legend says was also a brewer. I'm so glad we didn't miss this gem!

Visited May 2013