“Great venue, Great food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #585 of 1,884 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: French, Vegan, Vegetarian, Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great venue, Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I recently went here with a friend as she loves it and I had never been before; I was not disappointed.
Cottier's is tucked away in Hyndland, away from Byres Road and Ashton Lane but it is a real gem. The atmosphere was buzzing but relaxed and it seemed to have a good range of folk in attendance. I have heard that it is even better in the winter days when the open fire is roaring away.
I ordered a fish and chips whilst my friend just had a starter and both dishes were lovely. The fish was excellently cooked and the chips were doorstops! It was priced just about right, you do have to remember that you are in Hyndland so the prices may be slightly higher than normal. Service was excellent and the bar staff were great.
All in all, I will definitely be making another appearance at Cottier's and I would recommend it to everyone.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Wow! Love this place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We've now been here twice and had excellent food and service both times. The burger with added bacon, cheese and mushrooms was outstanding, as was the Chorizo, Potato, and Spinach Salad with a Poached Duck Egg and Chilli Vinaigrette. The second time we came we had two charcuterie sharing platters (I think this is listed as their Antipasti plate for two on the regular menu) amongst four of us, which was an offer from 5pm.co.uk. The sharing platters were excellent and more than enough food for four people, though we did manage to squeeze in a bit of dessert afterward.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“My favourite Westend pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Cottiers is situated in a converted church not far but far enough from the busy Byres Road. It has a fantastic ambience, great range of beers and both a pub menu or if you prefer a upstairs restaurant. Love the open fire and smells at Christmas. Serves Weihenstephan the oldest beer in the world.

Glasgow
“Lovely atmosphere, great prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Visited for lunch, it's a lovely venue, very nicely decorated and the general atmosphere is great.

I visited with my mum and we both ordered sandwiches. They did tale a while to arrive and we had to chase them up after about 20 minutes as we had a doctors a appointment after, but the sandwich was amazing and the amount of food for the price for the West End is amazing.

Moving away from the West End but will make an effort to go back, I have four stars just because the food took a while.

Saltcoats, United Kingdom
“Balmy evening - relaxing meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Had an evening meal here - great relaxed setting in old church - BBQ going well downstairs in outdoor area - opted for upstairs restaurant , mushroom fricasse starter, seafood liguine and chicken mains very tasty all washed down with Pinot Grigio at very reasonable price

• Visited June 2014