“What you'd expect” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Walkabout

Walkabout
128 Renfield Street, Glasgow, Scotland (City Centre)
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,284 of 1,876 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: City Centre
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“What you'd expect”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Typical Walkabout inside, quite large and spacey which is great later on in the night. The staff were super friendly and chatty, also changed the TV channel for us which is always appreciated when there's a game to watch. One complaint however - after having driven 7 hours from Cardiff, we arrived in Glasgow and headed to Walkabout. My friends ordered their food but I was still looking at the menu. I went up to order 10-15mins later to be told that the kitchen was closed - this was 7:30pm on a Friday night. I was ravenous and tired after the drive so really was in no mood for this. When asking them about it, I was told that they had recieved a large order so weren't taking any more. Even when I expalined that I was the only one in my party without food they didn't change their mind. At this point, their food hadn't even arrived so i had to watch them eat it and control my hunger for the duration of the game that we went there to watch. Nice one.

Visited March 2013

“I did'nt even get a chance to try it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I was really hoping to try the kangaroo loin as an escapism from Glasgow to Australia. Whilst waiting to order a glass wine and order my kangaroo steak loin, I was rudely pushed away by the bar staff. 'You need a table number', the chap shouted. I told him I already had a number. His attitude towards customers was rather shocking. I work in the industry and don't expect to part with my hard earned money on a place that has very little regard for customer. It's such a shame because I wanted to experience an Australian take on pub grub and boy did I get it. I really hope that this is an isolated incident and that he will reflect on he's behaviour and address. If that's how they expect to treat customer, they have no chance getting the custom of people like me because I will not tolerate such behaviour. All in all did not even get to try the kangaroo steak. Such a shame cos I was really looking forward to it. 'Brush up your act Walkabout'.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“everythings deep fried”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Everythings deep fried, crispy, overcooked , tastless and lack variety. Drinks are overpriced, PLACE NEEDS A GOOD SCRUB

Visited April 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Go Walkabout!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I love walkabout's they are always a welcome sight in new city's, the beer's cheap and the atmosphere is always good. Great for days with the lads watching football, or a place to meet before you hit the town, just a shame the boomerang card doesn't exist anymore ;(

Visited March 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Cheap And The Best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had been to walkabout quite few times. its the best place to go with your friends to watch live football and cricket. the drinks are fairly cheap as well. looking forward to go again with friends.

• Visited December 2012