Stayed here for a couple of nights when visiting the uni. Ardgowan is a typical small but cosy hotel in St Andrews. Nice breakfast area (down stairs) with windows towards the street. Good breakfast. Quite a small room but nice and warm. I have stayed at three different hotels in St Andrews and this one was slightly farther away from the university (everything is close by in St Andrews) but nice and very helpful staff. Close to the bus station.
- Also Known As:
- Ardgowan Hotel St Andrews
- Ardgowan Hotel St. Andrews, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 200 yards from the 18th green of the world famous Old Course, and still only 5 minutes from the centre of town The Ardgowan Hotel offers the ideal location whatever the reason for you visit to St Andrews. Our comfortable en suite bedrooms are decorated in a modern Scottish style, perfect for relaxing after a long day’s golfing or sightseeing. Located below the main hotel, our restaurant, Playfair’s, is ever popular with local people as well as with our guests. We serve a wide range of dishes prepared with the fresh local ingredients wherever possible. The Ardgowan hotel does not have its own lift, but staff will be more than happy to assist you with your bags. Free on-street car parking is available close to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Ardgowan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.