“Great Student Pub” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rascals Bar St Andrews

Rascals Bar St Andrews
119 North Street | Next to the New picture House Cinema, St. Andrews KY16 9AD, Scotland
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 101 Restaurants in St. Andrews
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a locally owned and operated bar/restaurant situated on North Street , St Andrews next door to the New Picture house. Our menu has pub classics but we mainly push Comfort Food. Our passion is in our Burgers, 10 hour slow cooked Pulled Pork , chicken wings and a few other tasty treats. Children are welcome when in with guest and dining with us. Walk ins are allowed but booking is always recommended to avoid disappointment. We can cater for groups of all sizes, and we have a function room available for larger groups dining, parties for all occasions. Check out our Facebook page to see our latest offers. Rascals Bar St Andrews
St Andrews, United Kingdom
“Great Student Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Good Food for what you pay and relatively cheap drinks for St Andrews. If someone younger was coming to St Andrews I'd definitely recommend it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
William A, Owner at Rascals Bar St Andrews, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write us a review. We look forward to seeing you return soon. Feel free to reserve or book tables on 01334478479 or email rascals.sta@gmail.com if you have any questions. Thanks JW Anderson.

scotland
“Pulled pork burger excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

a miserable bank holiday monday in st.andrews but the burgers at rascals cheered us up, good service, tasty burgers and even a burger bun that doesn't fall apart as soon as you pock it up. Try the pulled pork burger!

Visited May 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“#rascalslovesyou”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Rascals does love you with amazing deals and not just for students. They have an amazing atmosphere all the time whether you go for lunchtime hangover cures or to party at night.
Their Christmas special was simple and delicious - not gone too fancy and was very fair portion size for the price we paid for 3 courses! The staff couldn't have made it easier to organise either. Their normal food is really well priced with lunch menu offers and 'feed me for a fiver' but even not on this menu the prices are great. Burgers are amazing - wings are fabulous and the menu makes me just want to order one of everything. Also you can try their challenge. They are not just a bar in St Andrews they are the place to be and they communicate well with their customers via Facebook and Twitter regularly offering competitions to win a free meal.
If you're living in St Andrews and haven't been (what are you doing?!) or if you're visiting for the first time you HAVE to go here. You might want to get in touch with them to book a table! It can be busy!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Brilliant burgers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We visited here as a couple on a Friday evening about 5pm. The prices are definitely very fair for what you get! I had the French chicken burger and my parter had the pizza burger, both were fantastic. I don't normally like coleslaw but the portion I got with my burger was actually lovely and clearly homemade, what a different it makes to the taste! Service was polite and quick too :)

My only gripes would be the cutlery holder we were given was rather dirty and looked like it was the cutlery holder you get in a dishwasher! There was loads of sauces just chucked in the bottom of it with several packets of dried up hand wipes haha
I would go back but perhaps not on a weekend, the place was starting to fill up with the usual St. Andrews made in Chelsea type students spending daddy's money on lots of wine. We started to find it hard to hear ourselves talk as it got more rowdy. I'll come back on a weeknight next time!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
William A, Owner at Rascals Bar St Andrews, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. We always change our Burger of the week so other Burgers can also be on hand to try something new. We have also recently added new Footlong Dogs custom made by local butcher Minick of St Andrews. We hope to see you soon, Thanks Jamie, Rascals Bar
“Man Vs Food comes to Scotland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Today we made a 70 mile round trip just to try out this fantastic restaurant. There was a lunch menu with a generous list of starters for £2 mains for £5 and desserts for £2. I opted to order the 6 liquid magma wings for the main menu for £5.95 which came served with a blue cheese dip and celery sticks, After signing the disclaimer I tried the wings and can safely say they are the hottest things I have ever tried and I eat a lot of very spicy food(I was lucky I ordered a milkshake to go with them). For main course myself and my partner both ordered the pulled pork bun which was delicious and could easily compete with authentic American southern bbq pulled pork. We will definitely be back to try one of the amazing looking burgers in the very near future. Any fans of Man Vs Food will love this place!!

Visited May 2013