Although this is a pretty big resort style hotel with a traditional air about it, it somehow manages at the same time to feel intimate, friendly, modern and informal. This is probably mainly due to the staff, who are uniformly delightful - always polite, attentive, helpful and efficient.
We booked two interconnecting rooms for a family of 5, which worked very well. The rooms were plenty big enough for us all, with great views over the golf course and on to the sea. They were both spotlessly clean and well equipped, with free internet (although patchy wireless in one room, but a minor niggle). The most surprising thing was how quiet they were, with little noise finding its way in, despite there being a couple of big pre-Christmas functions on during our stay.
The food was very good, with excellent breakfasts. We had a very good meal in the main restaurant, some of us having the superb tasting menu. The pool and spa were lovely, with the rooftop hot-tub, which we had to ourselves under the stars, being a particular hit.
The hotel is easy to find, with good parking and an easy 10 minute stroll into town, St Andrews being one of the loveliest places to visit in Scotland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bordering the renowned 17th ‘Road Hole’ of the Old Course in the Home of Golf, the Old Course Hotel enjoys a spectacular location overlooking the famous links courses, the West Sands beach and the beautiful Scottish coastline.Discover the historic university town of St Andrews, just a short stroll from the resort, and explore the surrounding countryside of the ancient Kingdom of Fife.With a combination of classically elegant and contemporary interiors, the hotel offers quietly confident service, luxurious facilities and a warm welcome in the finest traditions of Scottish hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LHW, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Jetsetter and Venere so you can book your Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Hotel St. Andrews
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort And Spa
- Old Course Resort
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa St. Andrews, Scotland