I stayed at the old course hotel with my girlfriend for a couple of nights in November 2013. The hotel has a traditional feel to it with excellent spa and gym facilities. If travelling as a couple, the Eden rooms (the best rate room type) are more than spacious and clean, and the shower/bath is excellent. The spa has a very long swimming pool (the pictures are not deceptive), large indoor Jacuzzi and a steam/sauna room. Also, the roof top hot tub is very cool!!
The only downside of the hotel was the food. We ate at The Road Hole restaurant on the first night. Although there was many tables available, my girlfriend and I were put in the corner of a big room, with no lighting. It felt like we were eating in the pitch black. On top of this, the portion sizes are TINY so it would be advised to go into the town centre for your dinner (Little Italy was outstanding on our second night). The Jigger Inn, however, is a really lovely little bar with excellent table service.
Overall an excellent couple of nights in the beautiful St Andrews and we would definitely return to the Old Course hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bordering the renowned 17th ‘Road Hole’ of the Old Course in the Home of Golf, the Old Course Hotel enjoys a spectacular location overlooking the famous links courses, the West Sands beach and the beautiful Scottish coastline.Discover the historic university town of St Andrews, just a short stroll from the resort, and explore the surrounding countryside of the ancient Kingdom of Fife.With a combination of classically elegant and contemporary interiors, the hotel offers quietly confident service, luxurious facilities and a warm welcome in the finest traditions of Scottish hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, LHW, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Hotel St. Andrews
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort And Spa
- Old Course Resort
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa St. Andrews, Scotland