I must start out by saying I was not impressed with the hotel when we first checked in as our room was on the 1st floor, it seemed a bit warm and the view was less than desireable. When I called about the room not being cool enough they did bring in a portable fan and the engineer mentioned the rooms on the 1st floor are warmer than the ones on the other floors ~ UGH! My husband and I decided that since we were going to be here for 4 nights we needed to change rooms. I went out to the front desk and it did take a few minutes for someone to be able to show me some other rooms and we did decide to move into one of their amazing suites~ FANTASTIC and well worth it for us. It was very large, had an extra 1/2 bath which was wonderful and it had a small balcony and many windows we could open to enjoy the clean, fresh air and the view was wonderful. The Suite did have a/c along with a ceiling fan and plenty of drawers and closet space as well. The bathrooms were spacious with a large, jacuzzi tubs and the showers had multiple shower heads. My only complaint and it is minor is that the lighting was not very good. Breakfast was included with our room and it was wonderful - a delicious buffet or you could order off the menu and we all enjoyed the food as well as the friendly service! This truly is a special place and I highly recommend spluring on a suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bordering the renowned 17th ‘Road Hole’ of the Old Course in the Home of Golf, the Old Course Hotel enjoys a spectacular location overlooking the famous links courses, the West Sands beach and the beautiful Scottish coastline.Discover the historic university town of St Andrews, just a short stroll from the resort, and explore the surrounding countryside of the ancient Kingdom of Fife.With a combination of classically elegant and contemporary interiors, the hotel offers quietly confident service, luxurious facilities and a warm welcome in the finest traditions of Scottish hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, LHW, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Hotel St. Andrews
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort And Spa
- Old Course Resort
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa St. Andrews, Scotland