My husband and I recently stayed at the Hotel Du Vin during our honeymoon to St. Andrews. We are big time golfers and figured for our honeymoon we might as well head to mecca! The hotel is in an amazing location - half a block to the Old Course and steps from shops, pubs, the beach, restaurants, and more. We had a sea view room and it did not disappoint with beautiful sunrises each morning. Fortunately for us we had incredibly beautiful sunny skies our entire stay!
Here's a quick breakdown of our review:
- Staff: All incredibly nice and helpful! Their team does it right! Top class customer service!
- Rooms: We stayed in the "Aberlour" room. Spacious room with a big comfy bed! The comforter was heavenly! Wish the TV was a little closer and wish they carried the pay channel because they weren't broadcasting the Masters (which we were dying to watch and it was on pretty late... lucky for us the pubs all nearby had it on). Plenty of space to hang up clothes, etc. Bathroom was nice, and modern. Everything was perfectly clean! I agree with other reviews, as a woman, the room was pretty dark. Hard to do makeup. I'd recommend adding a vanity mirror with lights to the bathrooms or counter top.
- Restaurant: We only did the complimentary continental breakfast each morning of cereals and juice. Can't comment on anything else because we ate elsewhere during our stay.
- Hotel in general: Super trendy, upbeat, dimly lit, clean, perfectly located.
Only negative I can say is that the bar downstairs, which apparently isn't as popular anymore (per one of our caddies) had the party going pretty hard and let me tell you... it's loud. It's right below you and even with the windows closed you can hear everything. We found that to be pretty annoying but luckily it was only one night of real hard partying by the bar goers with the other nights being fairly mellow. That would have been nice to know. To be fair, it's a college town but when you have an early tee time at the home of golf the next morning you want some shut eye.
All in all, I would absolutely recommend the Hotel Du Vin to friends, family, and anyone that asks! We'll definitely be back and stay here!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Malmaison & Hotel du Vin Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Du Vin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Andrews Hotel
- Hotel Du Vin St. Andrews, Scotland