It's not exactly centrally located, but we could still walk to the main sites of St. Andrews. The continental breakfast and the bar that's open until 11 p.m. were both very useful. And the staff was helpful and allowed us to store our luggage for a few hours after checkout so we could see a few more places before our afternoon train. The rooms aren't big, but hey, it's a dorm. Having an en-suite bathroom was enough of an amenity but be sure to ask for a hair dryer at the front desk because they don't come in the room. The WiFi is easy to use once you get the access code and a printer and two computers are available in the front lobby. And most of all, it's way more affordable than anything else in town during the summer. The only thing we'd do differently next time is to look up the directions to the hall from the bus stops because the campus isn't well-signed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open June-August only. Agnes Blackadder Hall is the University of St Andrews' premier residence. We offer the perfect base for those wanting to explore St Andrews, play on the world famous links courses and discover all that the Kingdom of Fife has to offer during the summer months. Our double rooms all feature an en-suite shower room, television, telephone and tea and coffee making facilities. Family rooms are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LateRooms and Travelocity so you can book your Agnes Blackadder Hall - University of St Andrews reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Hall - University Of St Andrews Hotel St. Andrews
- Agnes Blackadder Hall - University Of St Andrews St. Andrews, Scotland