The hotel is very attractively furnished and the staff are pleasant and welcoming. The gardens are impressive and the location is a very convenient short drive from the town. The room was well appointed with a good view over the gardens and surrounding countryside. The dinners were somewhat disappointing. We had high expectations and they were only met with the very good desserts. The wine list was extensive and on the expensive side. The main courses were at best indifferent and in one case poor with an excessive use of a 'smokey barbeque sauce' which overwhelmed a nice piece of Fife lamb. Clearly not good enough for a hotel which boasts culinery rosettes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury family hotel has been under the same family ownership for over 60 years. Located a few minutes’ drive from the centre of town, golf courses and beaches, the hotel is popular with couples and families. Rufflets is surrounded by mature gardens which supply the fine dining restaurant. Free parking and WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Rufflets Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rufflets Country House Hotel St. Andrews, Scotland
- Rufflets Country Hotel
- Rufflets Country St Andrews