I booked a two night stay to celebrate my husband's birthday. Having seen photographs on here and on the website of the turret rooms I decided to pay extra as they looked lovely. Unfortunately I dont believe that we were allocated one these new decorated rooms. Room 5 was quite tired looking and although we had a nice whirlpool bath the corner shower was small and the bathroom was generally quite old fashioned looking. I had expected much more having seen pictures of the other turret room and we were both quite disappointed. On the plus side, the reception area and drawing room are welcoming and nicely decorated. You can tell that the downstairs has been refurbished - they could do with continuing this up the stairs and onto the first floor. The beds are very hard and there was something wrong with the heating so it was like sleeping in Sri Lanka not St Andrews! Also, the room had a mini bar price list and a fridge...but with nothing in it!! We very much enjoyed our meals on both evenings although the desserts on both nights were more like variation on a theme than brand new ideas each night. I have to say that the two maitres'd were very hospitable. I booked our stay by taking advantage of a 5pm deal - we feel that were were probably allocated the 'tired' room because of this. Our stay was enjoyable enough but we did not feel that it met the standard we were expecting. The cost of our 2 night stay had we booked it direct with the hotel would have been in excess of £700 and we would have been most disappointed had we been allocated that room at that price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury family hotel has been under the same family ownership for over 60 years. Located a few minutes’ drive from the centre of town, golf courses and beaches, the hotel is popular with couples and families. Rufflets is surrounded by mature gardens which supply the fine dining restaurant. Free parking and WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Rufflets Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rufflets Country House Hotel St. Andrews, Scotland
- Rufflets Country Hotel
- Rufflets Country St Andrews