“Scottish Hospitality to the max!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Deveron House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Andrews
Deveron House
You added Deveron House to your Saves list
64 North Street, St. Andrews KY16 9AH, Scotland   |
Ranked #42 of 78 St. Andrews B&B and Inns
“Scottish Hospitality to the max!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights, as did some friends of ours from England. To say Marion and Graham made us feel welcome is an understatement!!! They treated us like old friends! We had never stayed at a B&B or Guest House and weren't sure what to expect --- it was SOOOOOO much nicer than staying in a hotel. Our double room was perfect - the location couldn't be beat (a short walk to the Old Course and to shopping and great restaurants). Deveron House is very charming, but most importantly, very welcoming!!! We would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Strathroy, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My son and I spent six nights here and it was the most enjoyable stay I have had in years on trips. The hosts Marion and Graham and family made us feel like we were special from the time we arrived to the sad day we had to leave. Graham is an avid golfer as are we and help us get on the Old Course twice and help us with Tee times throughout the week. Hearty Scottish breakfast every morning and clean rooms everyday. Already planning a return trip to St Andrews and there is only one place I will stay. Deveron House.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Varmahlid, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

we stayed there for 6 nights during a conference at the University. Great location, very helpful staff, very good atmosphere and very filling scottish breakfast!
The charm of St Andrews town operates also in this house! I will highly recommend this address to family and friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed here for one night in a double room and it was just want we wanted. Everything was great: the location, the room, the owners (so welcoming!), and the full Scottish breakfast! I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Lovely place, lovely owner with charming children, great full Scottish breakfast and service. Nicely situated in the heart of St Andrews near St Salvator Church, College Gate, and the Cathedral ruins. Free wifi in all rooms. Ideal location for university visitors like me and, of course, lovers of golf unlike me!

• Stayed January 2013
Lanarkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed for an overnight recently, our daughter is at the University and we were there to celebrate her 18th birthday therefore we were not in the room much other than to sleep, it was clean and comfortable and ideal for our needs, breakfast was very good.
Thanks
The Ryce's

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Williston, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed for 7 nights -- terrific breakfast and rooms. I was in St Andrews for my son to get started at the University and to play golf -- and I had a terrific time (and place to stay).

Graeme & Marion went out of their way for me -- including sending the starter from the Old Course (JJ) out to find me on the golf course when they had a cancellation to confirm they had spot for me to stay.

The location was terrific -- short walk from golf and university/shops.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Deveron House? Share your experiences!