At time of booking this was the only reasonably priced hotel we could find. It is a bit out of town but not too bad and a nice walk along the beach to get into the centre is no more than 10 minutes. Situated on a main road means it may not suit light sleepers - we found that the consumption of whisky helped us sleep!! The welcome was warm and friendly. The accommodation is just a few licks of paint and other small touches away from being good but is not quite there. Breakfast was okay but again with a few touches could be good. Probably okay for 1-2 nights - we were there 3. In terms of value we have paid a lot less for a lot better elsewhere but this was St Andrews in summer at Lamas time so what did we expect?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Inn is a lively local with five contemporary en-suite bedrooms. All rooms have free wifi access, refreshment tray and free view TV. We offer a good selection of home made meals using local produce. A warm welcome is guaranteed at this ideal affordable base for exploring St Andrews. Walking distance to town centre and centrally located for many golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, LateRooms and Odigeo so you can book your The New Inn St Andrews reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The New Inn St Andrews Hotel St. Andrews
- The New Inn St Andrews St. Andrews, Scotland