“A hidden gem offering scrumptious food - recommended.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 101 Restaurants in Kirkcaldy
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem offering scrumptious food - recommended.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

From the outside Simply Scrumptious is somewhat unassuming, however the food, decor and overall atmosphere are a world away from the busy main road outside.

They have a varied and unique menu, and the high teas are definitely worth trying! On my second visit I had stovies - which were amazing, far better than any I've ever tasted or made myself, with real beef and a subtle peppery taste - beautiful. They are fully licensed too, so there's always the option of a lazy and boozy lunch should you fancy - the girls and I will probably try this soon!!

Simply Scrumptious offer lunch options a little more exciting than all the other pubs and hotels in the town, the quality of food here makes everywhere else seem mediocre. They now do evening meals too, which I look forward to trying.

Whilst they may not be the cheapest option for lunch in he town, the atmosphere, ingredients used and high standard of all food definitely equates to good value for money.

Please visit an try the food - you won't regret it.

• Visited November 2013

scotland
“great wee restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is an amazing wee restaurant. It has lovely fresh food made to order. It has one of the best lattes i have ever had and it is always hot. The choice is good and very reasonably priced. Def go back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“A wee Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

On my sons recommendation we dropped in here for lunch .the restaurant is located on an industrial estate .It is well lit and has a welcoming atmosphere where if you want a discreet table there are nice wee corners to sit in . A nice varied menu and lip smacking specials they have a licence and were busy when we went in at 12.00. our downfall was to go in for a soup and a sandwich and were sucked in to a full lunch . I had a Superb steak Baguette and my wife had a huge portion of Macaroni and chips our wee girl had nice selection of food to pick from the Childrens menu. The service was fast and very friendly .We have no trouble recommending this to anyone and will certainly be back soon

• Visited October 2013
Fife
“Unexciting exterior and location hides a wee gem of a restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

After driving past the unexciting exterior of this restaurant previously, sited in an industrial estate on a busy road, we were really expecting more of a greasy spoon when we decided on whim to try it, what a pleasant surprise we had inside. The décor is tasteful and comfortable, we were able to relax and chat and the staff were lovely and very attentive. The food itself was excellent, all homemade and delicious, we had a main course each and took cakes away home with us as we were stuffed, the portions were so generous (and the most delicious home made chips we've had in years). Looking at the other comments I can only say we didn't find it overpriced but perhaps it may be perceived to be because of its unusual location! We have already recommended it to family and friends and we will definitely be back. Soon!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely place although prices are a bit steep!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I visited simply scrumptious with a couple of friends for lunch. The place itself is beautiful and tastefully decorated and comfortable. Although there is a good selection of food on the menu, many of the items were a bit overpriced for what you were getting. I ordered the haggis tweeds as a starter for £4.95, I received 3 small and overcooked haggis balls drizzled with a little bit of whiskey sauce and served with a side salad. We all got served our starters and our main meal at the same time, meaning by the time we'd eaten our starter our main was cold. I had a baked potato for my main which cost me £6.95, it did taste nice but I think almost £7.00 for a baked potato and side salad is too much. You do not get table service and order the food yourself at the till, which is fine but we did have to wait whilst people came in to order takeaway food from the same till. There are other restaurants in Kirkcaldy that are much better value for money with regards to the quality of the food served, the service and the price!

• Visited September 2013