“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Not long back from my first trip and I am stuffed!! Food was piping hot and amazingly good! Tried a few different dishes and was thrilled with them all. Already planning my next visit. Not only was the food good but service was fantastic, vert friendly and welcoming! :D

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kinghorn, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Excellent! Will be coming back again & again & again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

You have to go! I have been twice and both times it was excellent food, really friendly service and the biggest nan bread ever. Very obvious that the owner tries very hard as do the staff. Very much enjoyed my meal and will definitely be back!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Fantastic Nepalese Cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Warmly welcomed for the business lunch here at Namaste Gurkha earlier today.

The restaurant serves many of the popular Indian meals, but we decided, in the main, to opt for more unusual Nepalese choices.

Two of our party began with the Nepalese Chilli Chicken - which was mildly spiced, with the taste of chilli & spring onions coming through. They both loved it.

Another ordered the Sweet Chicken Tikka which was the same tender chicken you are familiar with, but marinated in honey for extra sweetness. I tried a little and it was lovely.

My starter was Khasi Bhuteko, shredded spiced lamb in sauce. It has a very similar texture to pulled pork and tasted delicious.

For the mains we enjoyed;

Garlic Chilli Chicken - which is a medium spiced dish.

Chicken Tikka Masala - with a sweet coconut sauce

Chicken Nepal - Sweet Mango Chicken with a mild sauce. It actually tasted so abundantly fruity it was as if there were a whole mango in the dish.

I had the Gurkhali Chilli spiced chicken in a thick saice with a hint of lemon & some spicy green chillies. I would definitely have it again.

We shared a garlic naan, Peshawari naan and two pilau rice. The naan's were very fluffy and the rice nice and light.

My brother and I had Khukuri Nepalese Beer - named after the Gurkha regiment's curved blade. It has a foretaste like a wheat beer (Weiss Bier) and a hoppy aftertaste - lightly carbonated so a perfect companion for Nepalese / Indian meals.

To finish we polished off Nepalese rice pudding - very small thin rice grains in a cream with a similar taste to Ras Malai.

The whole meal was superb with complex sauces. We were also looked after by a great host and look forward to returning.

Kirkcaldy, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Cheap, Cheerful and Stuffed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My friend works in the resteraunt and she had been telling me quite regularly that the food was very tasty, and worth a visit at lunchtime. So, after a few months had passed by, I decided to go with my parents for lunch.

The service was good, the staff were very attentive and considerate of your needs, especially with my father when they thought that his lamb tikka was overdone.

As for the food, it was very tasty, very well presented, and very filling too. The option for desert was good too, as it wasn't just the usual ice cream you get everywhere else. There was the option for rice pudding!

If you ask for the rice pudding, don't be put off by the fact that it comes presented in a rather small dish. There is a reason for that. The rice pudding is so very, very sweet! You can taste the real vanilla in it. If you have a sweet tooth, I highly recommend the rice pudding.

All in all, a wonderful visit, and I would recommend it. I would also go back there myself again, no question.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
kinghorn
“Nepalese surprise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Myself and my son returned to Kirkcaldy after many years staying in Glasgow, where they know a thing or two about Indian and Asian cooking. Our old eating haunts were still available here, all within a hundred yards of each other at the end of the High Street. But the Namaste Gurka was new to us. In we went, a friendly greeting, a table for two in the spacious restuarant and what a surprise the whole experience was. On our hosts advice we opted for Bhansa Thali. The starter called Momo (minced lamb parcels) was delicious. The main was a varied selection of Lamb, vegetable curry, chicken tikka, rice and nan on a tray. A great introduction to sample Nepalese cooking. The lamb passed my own test, which is, if it can be cut with your fork....its tender. For dessert we had rice pudding, again a very enjoyable dish. They also serve a excellent beer called Khukuri, do yourself a favour a try it. Along with great service....A Nepalese Surprise.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Duncan Z, Spokesperson at Namaste Gurkha, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Many thanks for your generous and thoughtful review!

Namaste!