We recently stayed at the Strathearn for a short break and were disappointed with what we found. The hotel lacks character; the rooms are failry spartan and a the whole place could do with a thorough spring clean and a lick of paint to boot. Although one of the rooms we stayed in was dubbed a "family room" it lacked a bath; the other single that we used had little more space than that occupied by the bed. It was, however, "blessed" with a view of the kitchen extractor fan and the room opposite....
The hotel staff are generally young, inexperienced and surly and did little to add to the manager's less-than-warm welcome. It is all too apparent that the hotel's core business is in weddings and overnight guests are something of an inconvenience. The whole place has an unloved air about it, and if staying in Kirkcaldy again, we shall seek an alternative hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm welcome always awaits you at the Strathearn Hotel. The Strathearn is a characteristic Georgian house situated in it`s own landscaped gardens to the North of Kirkcaldy on the picturesque East Coast of Fife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your The Strathearn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strathearn Hotel Kirkcaldy
- The Strathearn Hotel Kirkcaldy, Scotland