The smell of paint was still fresh on the walls when we stayed over. Having booked last minute THEN read the Trip Advisor reviews (schoolboy error) I was filled with dread in the hours before we checked in. On arrival I was hugely relieved to find a clean and fresh reception area with a friendly welcome from the staff. The hallways and room continued to impress and I was delighted to find everything brand new and spotless! Well worth the money. Comfy beds, plenty of space and good quality en-suite shower. Not a sound from the bar below and took advantage of the Wetherspoons bargain food and drink. The negative reviews should be disregarded as the hotel is nothing like that condition any more.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Acorn Wetherlodge Hotel Glenrothes
- Golden Acorn Wetherlodge Hotel
- Golden Acorn Wetherlodge Glenrothes
- Golden Acorn Hotel Glenrothes, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Golden Acorn hotel has recently undergone some new and exciting changes transforming many of the bedrooms and communal areas of the hotel. We have 26 bedrooms all of which are available as either King Size Doubles or Twins. All of our rooms are en-suite and include tea and coffee making facilities, complementary water, a hair dryer and Flat Screen TV. FREE Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel & in the bar area.Rooms with adjoining doors are available on request these are ideal for families or larger groups. ... more less