The refurb has not quite happened as, at best, I have seen a few bedroom walls painted but that is about it. Shame to say it but I just don't think there is real commitment to invest.
A few staff have also moved on or been absent for some time and the welcome is not quite as consistently good as it was. It also bugs me a little that despite being here almost every week my credit card has to be pre-authorised every time (just a little thing but why?).
Still, for now, this still represents the best option for me as a regular visitor to the area. Though perhaps more than ever tempted to look for a good value local B&B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the edge of the town of Glenrothes, within easy reach of Edinburgh, Perth and historic St Andrews the Express by Holiday Inn Glenrothes is the ideal choice for guests looking for a hotel in the heart of Fife. The hotel is 20 miles from the Forth Bridge via the A911 and the M90, giving easy access to Edinburgh, Glasgow and the South.The hotel has just undergone renovations and provides a modern and fresh communal area for guests. This includes a lounge area where we welcome guests to our hotel bar and to watch our widescreen tv featuring Sky Sports.We are a small hotel with a friendly, family feel perfect for business, sole and family travellers. For any more information please contact the hotel directly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, IHG and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Glenrothes
- Holiday Inn Glenrothes
- Glenrothes Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes Scotland