“Fit our needs exactly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Dunfermline
Michigan
“Fit our needs exactly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

We chose the Dunfermline Premier Inn because it was convenient for our drive the next day. Using the postal code as the destination in our GPS we had no trouble finding it. The Premier Inn chain must have a good training program, because every one we stayed in had friendly and helpful front desk staff. This one was no exception.

Our room was clean and of typical size for the chain. We stayed in three inns overall, and each was good for our needs: not fancy, but clean. The shower had good pressure and the temperature was easy to adjust with the T-style faucet - pressure with the left knob, temperature with the right.

There was a Brewers Fayre next door, and we ate dinner there. I was surprised that there were so many local people there enjoying the pub - it was something I didn't expect in a suburban part of the area. Several people struck up conversations with me while I was placing our orders and waiting for our drinks. While the bar area was quite noisy, the dining room was quieter; our food was fine.

We had good experiences with all our Premier Inn stays. They were basic and clean with comfortable beds.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Dunfermline, responded to this review, June 30, 2010
Thanks for your review, we are pleased to hear that our hotels, facilities and rooms have met your expectations time and time again. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay including your experience of the Crooked Glen Brewers Fayre. Your feedback is so important to us as we are committed to delivering the highest level of service to our guests. We do look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

We stayed here one night at the beginning of April as we attended a wedding in Dunfermline. We were greeted friendly and were shown our room and weren't too disappointed.
I did however fidn some toenails on the floor which I did not tell my fiancee as she would have freaked.
Everywhere else was clean enough.
Shower was excellent, and always hot water.
Room and bathroom were basic, but the beds were fresh, clean and very comfy indeed.
We thought it would be noisy as it is situated in the middle of Duloch Park, but we did not notice any major noise coming from the area, apart from a couple of lorries revving up.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Dunfermline, responded to this review, May 20, 2010
We are delighted that your stay with us met your expectations and you experienced the high level of service we endeavour to give our guests. Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay, your feedback is so important to us in our continued efforts to delivery the best service. We do look forward to welcoming your back to Premier Inn in the future.
Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

I had booked to stay elsewhere but left the place I had booked because it was disgusting.

It was getting late and I had nowhere to stay so I found the Premier Inn at Glenrothes but they were fully booked. Two extremely helpful people on the reception desk at Glenrothes booked me a room at Dunfermline Premier Inn. I'd had a hellish day and it was nice to see some friendly faces who couldn't do enough to help. The lady on reception at Glenrothes even googled a route for me to show me the way to Dunfermline Premier Inn as I do not know the area at all.

I arrived at Dunfermline and was pleased to find another friendly receptionist and was given an immaculately clean room. I have only stayed at Premier Inn once before and remember the other one I stayed in being nice too. (Gatwick)

I had originally booked at a small country house hotel as I tend to not book chain hotels. I have now changed my opinion and will be booking at Premier Inns again next time I need to travel. Premier Inns are definitely 1 step up from Travelodge in my opinion.

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and had 3 very comfortable nights sleep. I didn't eat at the adjacent Brewers Fayre in the evenings, but did go for breakfast one morning and thought that the food on offer was good for the price they charged. There was plenty of variety, something to suit everyone.

The hotel is located in a retail park and close to a busy main road. I was not disturbed at all by traffic noise. On the retail park there are several places to eat, I don't remember everything which was there but there was a Macdonalds next door, Chiquitos (I think) Pizza Hut and KFC. There is also a multiscreen cinema and a leisure centre/gym with a swimming pool.

There was plenty of free parking and I never struggled to find a space during the 3 days I stayed.

WiFi is available at the hotel but there is an additional charge. £20 for a week, or £10 for 24hrs. They also had 2 computers available for use in the reception area, I think that was £3 for one hours usage.

Would highly recommend this Premier Inn to anyone looking for somewhere within convenient distance of Dunfermline/Kirkcaldy/Glenrothes etc. It's nothing fancy and probably not ideal for a romantic break type of stay! Perfect however for a business traveller who just requires somewhere clean and comfortable with efficient & friendly staff. Big thumbs up for Premier Inn from me!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

I booked this hotel for a few nights away for my birthday and it was lovely! I have been to travelodges in the past which in my opinion are a step down from the premier inn's and this is very obvious as I have had many bad experiences in travelodges but the premier inn was an unexpected surprise! The staff member at reception was very friendly and when we got to our room it was clean with plenty towels and bedding etc for our stay. Where the hotel is situated is perfect also! There is many resturants to eat at, a cinema, bowling alley, bingo hall, health centre with pool and licensed bar/resturant so there was no need to leave the complex. Overall very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Dunfermline, responded to this review, September 24, 2009
Thanks for your feedback. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay. All feedback both positive and negative is investigated and acted upon to ensure we are offering our customers the best possible service.
East midlands, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

Off on my travels I decided to stay in Dunfermline rather than Edinburgh. I arrived late afternoon and was greeted by a receptionist, who despite being really busy, was polite, welcoming and effcient. I got to my room, which was tidy, clean and really welcoming, the bathroom was very clean and looked up to date - travel inn have really improved over the years!
My room looked out over a road, but noise was limited and I could not heard any traffic - great!
I had to visit the local supermarket for some odds and ends I had forgotten and again the receptionist pointed me to the nearest Asda - only a few minutes away. A real help as I was short of time.
I decided to get a meal in the local brewers fare next to the hotel, what a let down. The menu was standard fare, no problems with that as all I wanted was some fish and chips, but the room was simply filthy. I was shown to a messy table with tired and dirty chairs - and if I'm honest with at suspischious odour of wee! I'm a parent and I know accidents can happen, but surely I was not the only one who could smell the odour and see the mess and think a quick clean up was needed.
Looking around, the floor was dirty and most of chairs looked as dirty and worn as the ones at my table. Ah well, there were a lot of kiddies around and it had been a sunny day, I accepted that families were out and about and, well "stuff" happens.
I enjoyed my meal, albeit with concern about the mess around me and went back to my room. Back to a nice fresh, clean room - what a contrast! I had a good night, no noise, kept cool by the fan and in nice clean and fresh sheets.
I had a day ahead so I decided to fill up on breakfast in the pub, hoping they had cleaned up from the previous night. No such luck! OK no smells, but still messy shabby and it looked dirty. The meal was good, and the staff friendly, but again all the time I was thinking about the lack of cleanliness. Sad, as the staff were good and I had a nice breakfast.
Overall, I had a good stay, but I really feel the brewers fare let things down. If I ever stopped again I think I would call in a the other restraurants on the site for my meals.
I would have marked the cleanliness as 5/5 but I could not honestly do that after seeing the mess in the pub.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Dunfermline, Fife
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

Stayed at the Premier Inn while my house was being renovated. The location is the best feature, as it is closeby to the M90 and on the edge of Dunfermlines Eastern Expansion. Being in the heart of Fife Lesure Park, you have the benifit of having a number of foodoutlets, Odeon Cinema, bowlplex and Bannantynes Health Club/Spa on your doorstep. There is aalso a good bus service into town.The rooms are spacious and as the hotel is only a few years old it is modern decor throughout.

The staff on the reception desk are helpfull and friendly.

My only gripe is that there wasnt free internet access and that breakfast was roughly £7 extra each (I think it was to be eaten at the Brewers Fayre across from the hotel.) I never had any so cant comment on it.

All in all if your coming for a stay to Dunfermline and dont want to be in the town centre, I would reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2009
Mullingar, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2007

Just spent 5 nights at this hotel, had a great time. Over for a wedding. Very very comfortable beds, very clean, and very friendly place to stay. All the staff were very pleasant. We had breakfast every morning in Brewers Fayre just across the way and were greeted every morning by bright cheerful good mornings and smiles from all the girls and received excellent service. We also had our evening meals in the Brewers Fayre and only one night I had a salad which was not great. Mozzarella, Basil and Tomatoe Salad.. no basil on it and very much lacking in flavour, and very boring, but all round every other meal we had was fine, and there was 8 of us and we all enjoyed our food.

The location is great, set back off the main road and in a pedestrianised leisure area, very quiet and while having breakfast a view across the road to the hills and all the colours of the changing trees at this time of year. The grounds were very clean and all the shrubs and surrounds kept very well.

A couple of small gripes, one is that there needs to be more light in the rooms.. as in brighter ..... all very dim.. and it would be good if an option could be given to turn up or down the lighting. Also the extractor fan in the bathroom... it goes on for ages, almost to the point that you think it has got stuck! and will never switch off... sighs all around 10 mins later when it did.

All in all I would definitely recommend the Premier Travel Inn as a great place to stay, for a short visit or a few days, very comfortable and very convenient to Dunfermline town.. a lovely little place and a most beautiful park if you fancy a walk in the morning. Also very convenient to the city of Edinburgh.. train only down the town and half an hour to the city. Visit Perth, Pitlochery and Glenrothes all lovely places to see. And a definite must have.... the Steak Bridies which can be got in most small cafes in Dunfermline, we visited Stephens for this a couple of times and the Sticky Toffee Pudding.... Brewers Fayre one fabulous!

Will definitely stay again if the need arises and will recommend to anyone visiting Dunfermline and surrounds.

• Liked — Very comfortable and very clean
  • Disliked — Dim lighting and bathroom extractor fan stays on too long
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Premier Inn Dunfermline? Share your experiences!