“Worst Hotel Ive Encountered, never Again be Back..” 1 of 5 stars

Pitbauchlie House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Aberdour Road, Dunfermline KY11 4PB, Scotland   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Dunfermline
Fife Scotland
“Worst Hotel Ive Encountered, never Again be Back..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

I have to say the pitbauchlie hotel in Dunfermline in Fife i and the wife have stayed in

The food was cold the staff were ignorant
.And when we both mentioned about the cold food and lack of sleep for the price we payed the female manageress was quite abrupt to say the least, all in the barstaff also were not very pleasant and tried on 2 ocassions to fiddle us with regsrds our change
after handing overa £20 note and had to wait until last thing at closing time until they checked the float and only then were we found correct, and not an appology from either staff or Manageress whom was abrupt to say the least..We left before our time
and left for a guest house which was much nicer
This Hotel is the worst experience weve both had and certainly wouldnt recommend
at all ...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Manager47, Manager at Pitbauchlie House Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2011
Thank you for your review.

We at Pitbauchlie House Hotel take customer comments very seriously and would take a dim view of unpleasant or abrupt staff. We strive to ensure that our customer service standards exceed customer expectations.

I am deeply unhappy that any client left with such a negative impression of the hotel. It would have been preferable to have dealt with the clients directly, as the hotels management log does not reflect the client’s issues.

If they would like to consider visiting us again the future please contact me, I would be delighted to be given the opportunity to rectify their negative impressions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

I went to watch the Manchester United game tonight and the barmaid switched on the correct Sky channel to view. About 5 minutes later a male sitting at the bar asked the barman to change the channel to watch Rangers play. I and 5 hotel guests were told that the bar manager puts on a Scottish club if they are playing 'cos it's a Scottish pub. I found this very shocking to hear. I am a frequent visitor & went to speak with the hotels reception only to be told that it's the decision of the bar manager what game is on the TV screens. Your 5 guests told me that they have been working nights for weeks & this is the 1st night they have been working days due to the snow. They then told me that they spend about £2500 on expenses per month at your hotel and this is how they were treated. They have another 7 weeks at your hotel in Dunfermline and I feel it's a shocking why you treat your customers on business from England. The only thing I can thank you for is the £3.30 refund for my Guinness so that I could go to the Barley Sheaf with your guests to watch this important match. I will have to posted a review on TripAdvisor, Late-Rooms etc about your customer service.

Disappointed customer,

A.Hamilton

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010 via mobile

I attended here, along with 70 other guests, for my aunties funeral reception only to be apalled by a female member of staff repeatedly texting on her mobile. She and her female colleague sprawled across the serving area to our disgust. When the head waiter walked in was the only time she showed any respect. I reside in Dunfermline and have been lucky enough never to have visited this establishment in the past and can azure you I shan't ever return. Oh and £6.50 for a sandwich and sausage roll is disgusting, along with the staff.

• Stayed November 2010
Manager47, Manager at Pitbauchlie House Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2010
Please accept our apologies for the behavior of our staff member. We have a policy in place that state staff are not allowed to use their mobile phones whilst on duty. This matter has now been dealt with and all members of staff have been made aware of your comments. We are extremely saddened by this occurrence as it does not reflect the service we wish to provide.
Carlisle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

It can be difficult to compose a review when a hotel leaves you unmoved. Almost everything about the hotel is competently and professionally done but, somehow, it did not leave me feeling enthused about it.
My only real complaint was the shower. Tepid and with barely enough pressure to crawl out of the shower head - but to be fair this is by no means the only hotel with that problem.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
summerfield, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

A great clean modern hotel with a friendly and professional staff. The food was awesome and the room was not expensive for the bed and beakfast. Dunfermline is a great place to stay and is close to the airport (30 minute drive even in morning commute traffic). It is also close to Edinburgh (30 minute drive) so you can stay here while expolring the attractions of Edinburgh.
The owner also helped us get access to recommended golf links courses nearby. A great place to stay while playing golf. Easy to find in Dunfermile as well.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Fraserburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Stayed here for two nights prior to the Royal Highland Show and have to say I was distinctly underwhelemed. The hotel itself is a mish-mash of old and new and to be honest is looking slightly dated. The room was clean, the bed large and have no complaints in that respect. The biggest let down was the food which was poorly cooked (burnt pizza and nachos), poorly presented and generally of a poor standard. Can't say I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
SW England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

my wife and I stayed there for 2 nights. Primarily to attend a 90th birthday dinner in the hotel. The dinner itself went exceptionally well. We were all very well received by all the hotel satff and made to feel at home. Despite another party going on in another finction room, we had total peace and quiet for our dinner.
The room my wife and I stayed in, was very well presented and was well equipped. No complaints at all about the cleanliness. The HUGE bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in, in a hotel. Luckily, we were at the back of the hotel, overlooking the wonderful gardens, with views down to the Forth bridges. We had 2 very hot nights, so had all 4 windwos wide open - being at the back, we did not suffer any noise from this. However, had we been at the front, then it might not have been possible to open the windows, due to a road and a wedding party, but that is only supposition.
We had a lunch in the hotel's Bistro bar - excellant quality and large portions. Our 2 breakfasts were equally of a high standard. Plenty of choice from the cold breakfast table, plus the option of a full fried breakfast, which was presented, freshly cook and piping hot.
Throughout our 2 days there, the hotel staff were faultless. The owner spent a fair amount of time talking to the two of us on several occasions - a very friendly, approachable and generous gentleman. Thankyou

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Pitbauchlie House Hotel? Share your experiences!