“No Toilet Facilities!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 17 attractions in Dunfermline
Type: Golf Courses
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Now everyone can enjoy Scotland's first 'Florida style' Indoor and Outdoor Adventure Golf Complex at Fife Leisure Park, Dunfermline. Putt your way amidst Waterfalls, Fountains, Palm Trees, Tiki Huts and a Pirate Ship. Play Inside Europe’s Only fully floodlit mini golf Dome and enjoy playing outside in the sunshine around the fully landscaped Treasure Island course.Are you looking for a competitive, enjoyable day out for you, your friends or family? Somewhere original and exciting for that first date or the opportunity to be the toast of your work mates? Then why not come along to Adventure Golf Island! Months of gloating could be yours by sinking that winning putt on the 18th. You are sure to love it, whether you are an expert golfer or have never held a club before!Only 5 mins from the Forth Road Bridge. The perfect day out near Edinburgh for families, couples, birthday parties and team building events! You will love it!
Dunfermline, Fife
5 attraction reviews
“No Toilet Facilities!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I am unsure how this was rated 4 starts from Scottish Tourist Board especially when there is no toilet facilities.
I was pretty disappointed with my visit on Saturday. I came with my husband, sister & her husband & my 4 year old son. It was torrential rain on Saturday so we knew we were heading for the Domed course which would be ideal. We ran from the car to wait in a queue at the ticket desk - there is no cover here so we had to queue in the torrential rain - I would siggest getting some kind of cover which would keep nayone waiting to be served in winter weather dry! I didnt see prices displayed so wasnt sure what I would be paying until I got the total from the person serving me. I found it quite pricey for what it is. Maybe not for adults, but for children - yes. Entered the dome and pretty impressed with how it has been put up, shame it leaks in parts but I am sure this is to be expected??? We had a kids birthday party behind us which made our game quite unenjoyable as we were constantly interupted by them running onto our hole whilst playing or trying to play before us. By about hole 14 my son was bursting for the toilet (when they got to go, they got to go) and so we ran to the front desk to ask where the toilets were (my son grabbing myself doubling over at his desperation for toilet). They said we have none and nearest place is Chiquito's (restaurant next door). I gave them our clubs and ran, my son said he wouldnt make it and I had to allow him to relieve himself in the car park - not great as it was still torrential rain and in public! He would never have made it to the restaurant and I would have found it quite embarrasing to go in and ask to use their facilities when we are not even eating there. I wander how they will keep this going as they advertise to have a "cafe" and also advertise juice/snack for birthday parties inside the "indoor pavillion" a conservatory in middle of nowehere which comfortabley looked like it would sit 4 people - juice + child = child needing toilet! I think it is a basic facility you need at a place where kids is your main target customer and if you are providing drinks then this is something you need.
The course itself was fine but nothing more than that. I think they need to look at their facilities again and how it is all laid out.

Belfast, Northern Ireland
“Great fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Have played here a few times, good fun for adults, while the Pirate's theme adds to the enjoyment for kids.

Got good features and looks good with Palm trees and a pirate ship and staff were friendly.

Looking forward to playing in the new dome once the colder weather sets it. Looks impressive!

Visited September 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“New dome is brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Nice place to have fun. I will definitely come back. The new dome is huge and good idea for winter time. Good service by members staff, I had fun as soon as I got this place, the guys are very nice.

“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

It was amazing, inside the dome is breath taken, the guys are brilliant, its a great place i I will be going back again and I would recommend it to people

Fife
“Fun but expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Charged £5,50 for five year old and £3.50 for three year old. We would have changed our minds if it had not caused the children disappointment. No toilet facilities and what website calls 'cafe' is actually a hut selling drinks.Won't be back at these prices!

Visited August 2013