“Dirty tables and unhelpful staff” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Playgrounds, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: These premises were taken over on 1st of August 2011. Much has improved already - especially the entry price and quality of food. Please bear with us as we upgrade the play areas as we go. A great big thank you to our amazing customers, their fabulous support and continued feedback......Children's soft play area, two areas, cafe with hot and cold meals, digi wall, digi dancefloor with friendly staff and admission that won't break the bank.
fife
“Dirty tables and unhelpful staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

After swearing i wouldnt return after a previous awful experience, i was persuaded to go back and i wish i hadn't!! Id heard that new staff so wanted to give benefit if doubt, staff upon arrival seemed friendly enough (although so young!!!!) My son firstly wanted to go to the toddler area, we found a table which was dirty with rubbish and plates left on it! He then had to wait till other "parents" finished playing on the equipment before he could so we moved to the bigger area. Again forced to sit at a dirty table, other tables appeared to be reserved although at no point during our visit did we see anyone sit there!

Went to get refreshments to be told the slush machine had broken, one very upset little boy. These things happen, but no apology???

After my son then enjoying a short play on the equipment came the trip to the toilet, which stank so much that i had to persuade him to enter!! No paper towels or soap, however once id mentioned this a girl did then replace the soap.

The final straw came when my son banged his head on a table whilst walking past 3 members of staff. He burst into tears, and had a lump on his head. The 3 members of staff just stood and looked at him, offering no help. Luckily it took me 2 mins to reach him, and when i asked the 3 members of staff for a cold compress i got blank looks, i had to walk him round to the cafe area, and wait to be served to get a cold compress!!

Another truly awful experience at the kingdom of fun, a dark and dirty place that i will never return to!!

Visited November 2011

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“What an improvement!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011 via mobile

This is our second time back since the new management took over and they have certainly got over any teething issues they had.

Place is bright, warm and friendly. Food was gorgeous and affordable. Excellent selection too. Very pleased to see the kids platter made it from the playplanet menu my son loves them.

Really fun day and the sheer number of kids there having fun prove just how much better it is. Staff were also very friendly and must have been dizzy the amount of times they were walking round clearing tables etc.

We will be back!

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Soft Play”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I have been meaning to go to kingdom of fun for ages as I keep getting offers via facebook. I went with my 3 yr old son and 9 month old. I found the staff really friendly, even holding my son when i went to get cash. The facilities were brilliant.

We have a soft play in the town we live in however this one is only about 10 mins in the car and will be going there from now on as the food is better and its 1/2 the price.

Visited November 2011
dunfermline
“Slight improvement,”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Nothing much has changed here apart from the staff. Still cold and very dark, smells musty.
Toddlers area great if not busy, small seating area for adults. Not a great place if you have 2 children of different ages eg 6 and 2 as the play areas are at opposite sides of the building and children have to supervised at all time.
Staff friendly but they can be very common, overheard swearing in the kitchen.

Visited October 2011
The Big L
“TOP MARKS !!!!!!! KOF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Another great day at KOF,great food,excellent staff,warm and very friendly! My twin boys can't wait to have their 4th birthday party there in a few weeks! well done to Lisa and her fantastic staff!!!

Visited October 2011