“A Scottish classic” 5 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN PLUS Keavil House Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Crossford, Dunfermline KY12 8NN, Scotland   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Dunfermline
“A Scottish classic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Keavil on business trips on a regular basis over the past six months. The hotel staff are always welcoming, helpful and very accommodating- nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are comfortable, very well appointed, and spotlessly clean. The hotel restaurant has recently introduced an evening menu comprising classic bistrot dishes which is exceptionally good value.
The hotel spa and fitness suite is up there with the very best.
Keavil House is an ideal base from which to access Fife and much of central Scotland. I cannot reccommend it highly enough.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

It's my first stay here and I'm not disappointed. The staff are professional and polite, service is top notch and the hotel is clean and well equipped. Atmosphere is pleasant, but it's the location and views that set this place apart. The rooms (Room 28) is great for the money paid and has a door out onto a lovely grassed area (gets around the smoking ban). From there there are sweeping views of the surrounding countryside.
I've stayed in a few hotels around this area and can recommend this one.
Food is reasonable (not quite Master Chef) and fairly priced. Drinks are a bit expensive but this is a hotel....in Scotland!
All in all. I like it.

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Keivil House Hotel. Hotel is located in own grounds and as we had 2 dogs (allowed at no charge) plenty of walks for them. All staff were extremely friendly for the whole of the stay. Our room was spacious and clean and the bed extremely comfortable. We ate in the restaurant and the menu was varied and wholesome portions served. Breakfasts were fantastic with a huge buffet selection, was worth getting out of bed for! Despite three weddings being on over the weekend we were not disturbed too much as function rooms are separate from main hotel. Our dogs were allowed in the bar area which was fine. We also used the pool, sauna and jaccuzi at no cost and the facilities were excellent. Only criticism, and it is minor, is that the cost of drinks at the bar were quite expensive. Beer not too bad but a Gin and Tonic was £5.30. We did visit the pub in the village and the cost there was £2.30. We met some fellow guests there who did say the same thing and felt it was too expensive to spend an evening in the hotel. Pity as this could lose the hotel some custom. We will be back to this hotel again as all in all a really enjoyable stay with friendly and professional staff.

Room Tip: We had room 4 above the kitchen which was a bit noisy at times but not enough to put us off.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mancester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I have not even arrived at this hotel yet and already I have experienced all of the above.

I am attending a. Family wedding in August and the service just to arrange room bookings has been disgraceful,

1. Not being asked or told I would be paying £50 deposit on each room. On previous dealings with Best Western I have registered my card details with payment being taken on day of intended arrival

2. Reception staff patronisingly telling me she was sorry I had misunderstood what I thought she had said ( I'm not senile I know exactly what you said young lady and it wasn't what you claimed)

3. Taking payment from my card to pay the deposit on some one else's room. ( How does that even happen )

4. Then the receptionist telling me over the phone all the people who are staying at the hotel for the wedding (confidentiality out of the window there I think ) but luckily she also told me the lucky recipient of my card payment.

5. A manager who phones you (while I was at work) does not leave a voice mail message saying who he is, or doesn't respond by email.

POOR POOR SERVICE

Stayed January 2013
Russell_Imrie, Managing Director at BEST WESTERN PLUS Keavil House Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear mksmorgan,

I welcome the opportunity to respond to your post following your recent contact with our hotel. Although you have not stayed with us, you clearly have issues with the level of service you've experienced when you contacted our hotel to make a reservation. I am aware that our General Manager, Alistair Bruce, has already contacted you to address your concerns and to explain our reservation procedures. We look forward to welcoming you to Keavil House Hotel when I give you my assurance that you will, like the vast majority of our guests, have a very enjoyable stay.

Your sincerely

Russell Imrie
Managing Director
Keswick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

stayed for 2 nights for my cousins wedding. everything was spot on and clean .the breakfasts were fantastic and you could get as much as you wanted .the haggis is a must .gym and pool area nice and clean and opened early (just as i like).1 negative was we asked for more tea bags in our room which they forgot (can live with that ).would visit again x'

Room Tip: eat the haggis
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a weekend break. The rooms were modern, large, clean with pleasant views. The staff were lovely, breakfasts wonderful (no surcharge for extra meals such as smoked haddock, smoked salmon etc). The pool and leisure centre were state of the art.

Leven
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding. Clean comfortable rooms. Found the staff very friendly and helpful. Lovely breakfast. Nice leisure club. It was noisy at around 2am but it was short lived. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Keavil House Hotel? Share your experiences!