“Decent food , good selection” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hot Flame World Banquet Falkirk

Hot Flame World Banquet Falkirk
264 Grahams Road, Falkirk FK2 7BH, Scotland (Formerly Ricky D's)
+44 1324 620444
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 114 Restaurants in Falkirk
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Indian, International, European, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Hot Flame World Banquet. The first ever multi cuisine banquet restaurant in central Scotland where innovation and excellence go hand in hand. Award winning chefs create a culinary experience to die for.Pamper and indulge yourself to a world class multi cuisine buffet and live cook, including Indian, Mediterranean, Italian, Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Mexican, continental and not forgetting the ever popular 'Sunday Roast'.Treat yourself to an endless and unlimited variety of the most popular international dishes with outstanding service and exceptional decor for a capped price. Join us with friends, family or colleagues and endeavour a whole new world of international culinary experience.
“Decent food , good selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

There was a good range on offer when we visited at lunch time .
The waiter forgot our drinks which was frustrating but we asked another who sorted us out .
The starter selection was really good & we found it all tasty & fresh .
The buffet was filled regularly & every thing was clean .the mains were nice & again a good selection .
I have to disagree with other reviews that criticise the charge for wasted food , if you want to try just take a small amount ! I also liked the fact that the cakes & desserts were in small pieces . I never visited it when it was ala carte , some reviewers seem to want to compare & are critical of the clientele but I don't see you can fairly compare . All in all good value for money

Visited February 2014
Ricky D, Manager at Hot Flame World Banquet Falkirk, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Guest

Your reviewed was lovely and made my staff very happy to see that they are doing a great job. We do promote against waste of food but have never charged this before. It is merely a statement against waste. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon.

Stirling, United Kingdom
“Impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Really like the way Ricky D's world buffet operates. Coming from an advertising & marketing background, I'm quite impressed. They are constantly letting their customers and potentials alike, know what is on the menu for that night and specials etc. Also e-marketing etc. they certainly keep up to date with what's happening outside, for eg I saw a post on Facebook from their manager stating the terrible winds and to be careful on the roads around Falkirk. Touch of class and care. Now the food. It's faultless and in great supply. Problem is that the stomach is only so big. The concept is wonderful for those of us with children where they charge half price or under depending on how much is eaten. Great system. Can not wait to go back with my colleagues next month. All booked up for a great dinner.

Dear Zoe

Thank you for your extensive positive review. It is great that you have touched on this. We do work very hard on this side of things and keep up to date with our guests. Thank you once more for the lovely words. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Denny, United Kingdom
“Valentines date with a touch of class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Having been here a few times now, it defo gets better every time. We went there for our valentines date on Friday and it was exceptional, from the vast amount of choice to the fab service, making us feel welcome and valued each time. They even brought out a stunning bouquet of flowers and a bottle of champers as a surprise. I'm guessing my partner must have organised this prior to arrival. An amazing atmosphere although it was packed out. Can not fault this restaurant. Simply excellent, well done Ricky D's. Open one in Denny please.

Dear Samantha

Such lovely words. We are delighted that your night was topped off with a little surprise and a touch of class. You deserved it. Thanks for choosing Ricky D's for your Valentines date. We look forward to your next visit

Stirling, United Kingdom
“Nice place, disappointing food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My fiancé took me here for dinner on Valentines day. It is the first time we had been at this restaurant. The restaurant is very well presented a and the staff are great. My fiancé had secretly arranged with the restaurant to have prosecco and a bouquet of roses there for me. This was a lovely touch and something more restaurants should offer. Unfortunately, more than half of the flowers were dead but I did not want to embarrass my fiancé by mentioning that after he had spent so much money on them.
What disappointed me was the standard of food. There was plenty of choice and the desserts were lovely. However, we felt the main courses were very 'cheap' tasting. Obviously we did not expect amazing food with it being a buffet restaurant but we felt the quality of the food (especially the 'meat') was poor value for money. I would describe the mains as microwave meal quality. As I said though, the choice of food and the desserts were great.
Would I return again? Yes. But only for a cheap lunch.

Falkirk District, Scotland
“Disappointing to say the least”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Visited for valentines day 3pm. Meal classed as 'dinner' for which they charged £15.99 per head, as far as I could see it was no different from lunch time menu which was £8.99. You would never have known it was valentines day, no hearts flowers anywhere. Further more there was no live chef as he didn't start until 4.30, so why did they class 3pm as 'dinner'. Just felt totally ripped of, if i'm paying the same price as evening diners then I expect to be treated to exactly the same experience and food availabilty as every other customer. A clear example of a business cashing in at customers expense.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ricky D, Public Relations Manager at Hot Flame World Banquet Falkirk, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Susan

We would like to thank you for leaving your comments but are saddened that you felt dissapponted with your experience. We do remember you and your family coming in. With regards to the pricing for this weekend, it was clearly marked across all of our literature, facebook page, emails and also on every door, cubicle and hall way at our premises. The live cook was open from 3pm with a few of the diners at that time taking advantage of this. You may have caught our live kitchen unmanned for a moment as he went through to our main kitchen for supplies, but we can assure you that it was open and everything via this facility was indeed available. We are sorry to hear of your dissappointment in this matter. We always endeavour to have as much information on our literature, premises and every avenue as possible. I hope that you will try us again in the future. Thank you once again.

Kindest Regards