“Outstanding hospitality, great hearty cuisine.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 115 restaurants in Falkirk
Cuisines: African, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Is a family ran business which opened its doors on 7th November, 2012. As the first African Restaurant to operate in Central Scotland, we aim to give our customers the best Taste of Africa Dining experience that they have waited for years. As a mark of Jambo Quality, our kitchen will always use the freshest ingredients to create our extensive menus which will hopefully warm your heart. Our well chosen wine list has the perfect accompaniment for your meal. So, come expecting a true celebration of African delights designed to suit all taste buds.
dundee
“Outstanding hospitality, great hearty cuisine.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate at The Jambo Grill Saturday past, and left thoroughly satisfied, after some delicious hearty African cooking.
The Pepper soup was something really special, but we enjoyed all the dishes we ordered, and left stuffed full.
Whilst the decor is somewhat dated, the excellent food, and incredibly welcoming hospitality more than compensated for this.
All in all, thoroughly recommended, and we will definitely return.

Visited June 2013

93% Recommend
falkirk
“tastes home made”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Went with 3 others and all had different meals. All 4 of us were satisfied with both the quality and amount of the victuals. Bottle of beer at £5 seemed a bit pricey but it is a restaurant. Will definitely be back

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kincardine, United Kingdom
“Something a little different!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited last night with a Groupon voucher (the deal was for a 2 course meal w/ glass of wine for 2 at £19, bargain!) and were not disappointed. We had a little difficulty finding the restaurant as its exterior is tiny and blends in. Do not dismiss or judge by the exterior: you will be missing out.The waitress was accommodating and the service was speedy. The restaurant is misleadingly spacious, and decorated in a traditional African style. The décor makes the restaurant look expensive, although the prices are very reasonable! We were impressed by the various African paintings and ornaments. We ordered samosas and although my boyfriend complained that his chicken tikka samosas were a little tasteless, my vegetable ones were lovely. Shortly after polishing off our starters, the mains arrived. I had a vegetable curry and he had a chicken curry, and neither of us were disappointed. My boyfriend kept saying "this is amazing!" and "this is maybe the best curry i've ever tasted". He's maybe the fussiest eater ever, so such remarks coming from his mouth were something to marvel! My curry was lovely too, and I'd highly recommend this restaurant to anybody! They even have a "taste of Britain" page in their menu to cater for those who don't like trying new foods. I believe they have something for everyone and I will definitely be returning soon because the value was incredible!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“A Taste of "Home"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

On a recent visit to family in Scotland they recommended the Jambo Grill in Falkirk. With a fantastic traditional African menu, I was really looking forward to a "taste of home" after having spent most of my life in Southern Africa. None of us were disappointed. To accompany the varied menu, the owners of this family run restaurant made us feel right at home. My favourite "boerewors" (African sausage) were my top priority and they were brilliant! On the drinks side, genuine Tusker beer from Kenya and Castle Lager from South Africa were on offer and of course we sampled a few!

Will definitely be back and would recommend this restaurant to anyone - even if you've never set foot in Africa!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Will try for third time lucky...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

1st visit was a Saturday at the start of March - and was delighted by everything. Food was brilliant, we started with the beef skewers and prawns, then had meat patter and the goat, everything was so tasty!. Restaurant was quite busy but Service was great, free cabbage, left very happy! So I was RAVING about this place to my friends, and we decided to go for my birthday. Unfortunately trip number 2 was not as good, again, this was on a Saturday. Although we were given bread when we arrived, we waited about an hour and 15 mins for our main (no starters ordered) with no explanation - about an hour after we ordered we were told it would just be a few mins, but waited a further 15. The restaurant wasn't particuarly busy either. So by the time it arrived we were starving and had drank about all of our wine!! That aside, I had lamb curry and it was wonderful. my friends had the Wali wa Nazi and weren't massively impressed, felt it was a tad bland - disappointing after such a long wait. and no cabbage this time :( I will go back as I would like to amend my rating for this, as I'd have given it 5 after my first visit! However, I doubt my friends will give it a 2nd chance (1st impressions last!) and probably won't trust my restaurant recommendations again! :(

• Visited May 2013