“1st class, appearances can be deceptive” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Cladhan
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kemper Avenue, Falkirk FK1 1UF, Scotland   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Falkirk
Enniskillen
“1st class, appearances can be deceptive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I took a group of 30 kids and 5 adults to central Scotland and upon the advice of our tour operator, stayed in the Cladhan. Absolutely first class. Nice comfortable rooms, good bedding and every single effort was made to make your stay perfect.
I have slected 'average' for sleep quality re. the point below and 'very good' for both cleanliness and location. Inside the hotel was spotless but just the car park etc was a wee bit shabby, if that bothers you. Also, it is situated in a pretty grotty part of town - though it seems very safe and secure - just visually not that hot.

Room Tip: One tiny thing, the rooms numbered 20 - 22 were above the kitchen and got very hot with some of my g...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

comfortable hotel,but if you want your dinner after 8.30 be prepared to be offered sandwiches.stayed in a lot of hotels all over uk never came across one which closes its restaurant at this time, had to go elsewhere for dinner

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

When I pulled up outside the Cladhan, I have to admit, I wasn't impressed. It's not an attractive building by any stretch of the imagination. Inside, however, it's a different story. The reception, lounge and dining areas are all modern and chic; the rooms are undergoing a major refurb, and ours was very tastefully decorated.

It's worth mentioning that if there's a function taking place, the disco will go until 12.30am but to be fair, once it stops the place goes very quiet.

The staff are very helpful and friendly, and he food is really good here (especially the breakfasts) and while the bar tariff isn't pub prices, they're not as silly-expensive as some hotels.

All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I attended a function here this month and the staff were very nice, pleasent and efficient. Yet not intrusive, they really did help the function run smoothly

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I went online and reserved 3 double bedrooms for my wedding party in 2013. Being so very far in advance I thought the cheap room price was some kind of early bird offer. Just to be sure I emailed the hotel with my booking references etc but nobody got back in touch.

2 months later I emailed again asking about multiple room bookings and discounts for large groups, someone got back in touch at this point but no mention regarding previous booking.

Then on the 3rd month after booking I had a voicemail saying there had been an error on the booking system and that the price was wrong so I had to pay £70 per room per night instead.

I disputed this with the hotel as it was THEIR error and they had sent out a confirmation email with the agreed price.

The hotel continued to make me feel really silly by saying I had booked breakfast and not a room. Yet my reservation clearly said - Bed and Breakfast.

I didn't want to be an annoying customer and could appreciate their error but also felt that I had been missold so I had to ask them if there was a reasonable compromise we could come to (The hotel should really have apologised and made some kind of counter offer like a free dinner and a bottle of wine instead or a discounted rate on the rooms if they were not wanting to honour the price)

The Hotel Cladhan were not wishing to do this, again putting the responsibility on me. When I threatened to take matters further they offered a £10 discount and that was all.

Before I had a chance to respond to this I had another email saying that the hotels director had returned from holiday and has said that I should have known it was a computer error and they wont honour the price and they have cancelled my booking all together!! So they are not even honouring the £10 discount alternate offer either!! Disgusting.

Basically, I am not an unreasonable person but THEY made an error and I would have happily paid more money for the room provided they had apologised and offered some level of decent customer service. They would rather lose me as a customer and the many people I would have recommended stay in their hotel whilst attending my wedding rather than accept their mistake and try to rectify the problem.

Absolutely no care about customer service, would not recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I recently stayed at the hotel Cladhan again and again could not fault it at all. All staff are excellent and very attentive. Myself and partner enjoyed our whole stay and found the managers and staff very pleasant and helpful. The rates are fair and you get more than what you pay for. Overall fabulous experience and wouldn't have a bad word said about them.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent but I personally prefer the rooms in the middle of the building.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stay at this hotel probably once a month on average, its a great hotel - staff are very friendly and very helpful. Dining here is amazing - £10 for 3 courses and the food is good old home cooking, excellent value and an excellent meal. Breakfast is also very nice!

The hotel itself is very central and great for walking into town (5 mins max). The rooms are nice and clean with all the essentials (except a hair dryer). There was some general repair work evident in some of the corridors but this type of work has to be done and to me reflects that standards are being maintained by the hotel.

Only downside to this hotel is that the price seems to have gone up quite considerably over the last two years but still very good value considering the evening meal is only £10!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Cladhan? Share your experiences!