“Top class food & service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 120 Restaurants in Falkirk
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Scottish Steak Club is the signature grill for Macdonald Hotels, serving a selection of salads, platters, roasts and grills.True to our Scottish heritage, the beef we serve comes from the finest Scottish, naturally reared herds. Where many hotels, hotel chains and restaurants are de-skilling and buying ingredients pre-cooked pr prepared from frozen, our chefs work from whole raw ingredients using only the finest and freshest produce. The beauty of the dish is in the greatness of the ingredients with a focus on simplicity.
Bo'ness, United Kingdom
“Top class food & service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

As it’s was our anniversary we wanted a top quality meal but also a quiet one with minimal fuss (as my wife is currently pregnant and a bit funny with food). We definitely made the right choice as The Scottish Steak Club hit all the right buttons.

The restaurant seems to have hit the perfect balance between silver service for special occasions and family friendly service for less formal meals. Unfortunately I didn’t catch any of the staffs names but they were all warm and inviting without the overbearing American style that can be such a turn off.

The menu itself is pretty expansive (though obviously very heavily meat based) but is reasonably priced for the quality of the ingredients. We had a lovely sharing bread plate to start with a nice selection of dips provided (though I do apologise to the staff for spilling the olive oil everywhere!).

Unsurprisingly I opted for a steak and it didn’t disappoint. My medium rare sirloin was cooked perfectly and was accompanied with a decent portion of fries (at my request – comes with chunky chips as standard). I really can’t fault the quality of cut, cooking or portion – absolutely brilliant!
My wife had the gammon though it’s worth noting that it comes cold (apparently it’s “American style”). The waitress explained this clearly and the quality of cut etc was also faultless.

The only slight mark was that the sticky toffee pudding was a bit lukewarm and on the dry side. Certainly not enough to kick up a fuss as I’ve had it before at the Inchyra without such an issue.

All in all, a brilliant meal and we will definitely be returning!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
BrettIngle, General Manager at The Scottish Steak Club, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your positive comments of the Scottish Steak Club on Trip Advisor, I am happy to read that The Scottish Steak Club hit all the right buttons.

We are very proud of our AA rosette award winning restaurant,

It was nice to read your positive comments about the team, the team take great pride in the presentation of the hotel and the service they provide, I will certainly be passing your comments on to them,

All our steaks and grills are cooked in the josper oven a culinary tradition which began over 40 years ago .

We are passionate about great food, service, value, and most of all outstanding steak.

We will be having a special fathers day lunch on the 15th June 2014 if you would like anymore information on any off our special events or menus please do not hesitate to contact me at gm.inchyra@macdonald-hotels.co.uk.

Once again thank you for posting your review, and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
York, United Kingdom
“Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My wife & I spent a week between Grangemouth (work) & St Andrews. This was the best dining experience we had all week. The food, wine and service were all excellent. (Some places can do good fare & some good service but not many can seem to combine both.) Maybe a bit pricey but when the standard is as good as this it pales into insignificance.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear guest,

It was great to read your review on Trip Advisor after your stay here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa, and that you thought that this was the best dining experience you had all week,

We have been awarded AA rosette for our culinary skills which is a great honour to all here at the hotel,

As you mentioned it can be difficult to combine great food and service at the same time, we here at the Inchyra are dedicated to provide the best of both, our staff here take great pride in the service that they provide, and also the food that they serve.

As GM I am passionate about the training and development of the staff.

If you are planning to visit the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa in the near future whether for business or pleasure please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like anymore information my email address gm.inchyra@macdonald-hotels.co.uk

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

We were served by Alison in the restaurant today and not only was the food great but nothing was too much trouble she was great & friendly.

Lovely hotel & fab spa

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comment on trip advisor, and for your comment about Alison I will certainly be passing your comment on to her,

It was great to read such lovely comments, particularly as we have recently re-launched the Scottish Steak Club brand.

We pride ourselves in the quality of ingredients we source and the service that we deliver in our restaurant, we choose only the finest meat from Scot beef, as well as our speciality steaks from the USA and Argentina.

Thank you once again for choosing to visit our award winning Scottish Steak Club and for taking the time to post your comments.

We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Scottish Steak club again soon.

Kind Regards.
Tenterden, United Kingdom
“Impeccable Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Visiting some very good friends who aee staying in the hotel. I was booked into the Premier Inn down the road. But changed my mind when I visited here.
The service and friendliness of everyone here is excellent. (No Pan Am smiles here) Alison ansld Vicky served us last night and they were brilliant. Actually taking the time to pass the time of day with you. Genuine and friendly.
The food was almost secondary to the service.
But wow. The food is excellent.
Had the Chowder to start and that was delightfully creamy with large muscles and prawns in it.
Went for a steak for the mains. That was superb. Nicely cooked and well presented.
The entire experience was complemented by the excellent staff. From the restaurant manger down it was smiles and genuine old fashioned customer service all the way.

Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you for posting your positive comments after your stay here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa on Trip Advisor,

We are all passionate about the great food and the service we provide.

I will certainly be passing on your lovely words to the staff you have mentioned,

We are all proud to say that we were awarded by AA Hotel Group of the year 2007-2008 and again 2013-2014 ,

We, as a team, take great pride in our standards of customer service and the presentation of the hotel and its beautiful grounds.

Feedback from our guests provides an invaluable tool and one with which we are able to constantly make improvements and changes where necessary and give praise where deserved.

We will be having a special Fathers day lunch on the 15th June, if you would like anymore information on any of our special events, or any changes to our menu, please do not hesitate to contact me gm.inchyra@macdonald-hotels.co.uk

We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Brett Ingle
Tonbridge
“Another Honest Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

The Scottish steak club, where everyone and anyone can be a member, and like a club member, you are made to feel included and special as soon as you arrive.

Stylish yet traditional, the Scottish steak club at the Inchyra hotel in Falkirk really is worth a visit. The atmosphere is pleasant and friendly, seating is comfortable and spacious. My personal favourite part of the restaurant is easily the authentic gothic arches which each hold a flickering hurricane candle.

The food was cooked to perfection, the steak succulent and juicy, with perfect, crisped fries and fresh cool salad. I would definitely say the food was worth every single penny spent. We expected excellence, and we most certainly got it. Even the desserts were the perfect size, and the options to try each different variety was suggested on the menu, which we did. My son loved the creamy chocolate mousse best.

We also booked in for the Sunday menu at the restaurant, which hands-down provided the most melt-in-the mouth steak I have ever had. I had the USDA sirloin and it was phenomenal. I'm so used to steak being tough to chew and swallow, but this steak sliced easily under the knife and was a delight to devour.

Each evening my husband and myself enjoyed the gentle hum of activity within the bar area of the hotel, and had a variety of drinks. The staff made an extra mile effort to make me non-alcoholic cocktails to try, so that I felt like I was joining in with my other half. In particular, the bar members Lewis and Kyle paid a lot of attention to getting the balance of juice and sparkle right to my many experimental drinks. We would also love to thank Alison the waitress for engaging our son in conversation whilst serving, and being attentive and efficient to us as customers.

Extra thanks to Steven and Vicky, the team Leader and bar manager, who guided the team perfectly and pleasantly throughout our stay. Thanks to all these brilliant team
Members and the gorgeous food we ate, we will definitely be returning to the Inchyra for another holiday.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Guest,
On behalf of everyone here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa I would like to thank you for your very kind review, it is encouraging to read your positive comments on both the food and the staff.

We are passionate about the high levels of service we deliver and our continued approach to offering the finest ingredients in our menus.

It is down to the dedication and commitment of all the team members to ensure that we deliver excellent guest service at all times.

If you are planning to visit the Macdonald Inchyra in the near future please do not hesitate to contact myself if you would like any further assistance at gm.inchyra@macdonald-hotels.co.uk