“nightmare” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Graeme Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Falkirk
Graeme Hotel
40/42 Grahams Road, Falkirk FK1 1HR , Scotland   |
Ranked #10 of 10 hotels in Falkirk
falkirk
“nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Avoid at all costs unhelpfull staff,rude staff, you wont get a nights sleep with the bright lights of the hotel sign shining into the bedroom,they wouldnt consider changing rooms for me ended up changing hotel

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dundee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Stayed for two nights as part of a golf trip. Hotel seems busy in the bar area, but the rooms are disappointing. Decor is poor, furniture is shabby and there is no double glazing. This is a problem, as the hotel is on a main street, with traffic noise and the like well into the night. Breakfast was fine, waiter very helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Nice
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights as we were guests at a wedding in Airth castle .
We had 2 rooms for the 4 of us - a twin and a double .
Beds, bedding etc in both rooms was pretty new and spotless , shower rooms were clean and modern with good power showers - other decor - walls , ceilings etc decor was old with odd wires dangling so there was a bit of a half-renovated vibe.

All of the staff we met or spoke on phone to were very friendly and helpful , although apparently the night manager refused to confirm we were staying at the hotel when my FIL phoned

Breakfast was a full Scottish - fried haggis, tattie scone, black pudding bacon egg sausage and thick cut toast. or a choice of some of these
Options of fried, scrambled or poached eggs
Various cereals, fresh orange juice, tea or coffee

The bacon and eggs were good quality - i like eggs poached and they were cooked beautifully. The other family members had the full Scottish or a selection of items and seemed to enjoy everything, particularly the sausages [links not Lorne /square sausage]

The rooms are above a pub only the twin room noticed bar related noise on the friday night , which finished a bit after midnight .
The double room had some noise from being close to the fire door which opened and closed with a dull bang [typical for this type of door] but it didn't disturb us much

All in all a good value , budget stay , decent breakfast and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011 via mobile

I was soo disappointed, my family and I shared a tripple room with no en-suit so we had to share with others because on the day we arrived we were told there was no record of us booking in the hotel. Inside our room: the lights wasn't working, the wall paper and towel hanger were damaged and broken, the shared bathroom/toilet was very dirty (they really need to improve that)and also the door seems unsecured it doesn't feel safe at all with the bar downstairs that many drunks can go up to where we stay and the music was very disturbing and annoying I couldn't sleep until 1am. Also,as I explained earlier that when we arrived we were told that the rooms we have booked on the phone wasn't available but then the supervisor did solve this problem by giving us a good deal and I also like their breakfast but overall it was the worst hotel I've ever been to. Although,i find where its located is great: close to the train station, many restaurants (lanna thai) and shopping centres. If/until they improve these things I will definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2011
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

I booked the hotel for 2 rooms, one for double and another one for twin room with both en-suite on Wednesday 25 May for stay one night on Sat 28. The booking has been confirmed by phone. I asked the staff that did they want my credit card detail for confirmation? Well, he said it was ok and I can pay when I check in. So, we ensured that we got a place to stay. (My fault that I did not ask his name!!!!!, becasue I think staff would have been ok when he confirmed!!!) Well, we went on Saturday and the supervisor said no our booking in the system and we were shock. I could not believe this was happen. We were gutted and did not expect all this thing. I believe that hotel need to investigated this problem and the guy who accepted our booking should be responsed.

However, we met the supervisor and he help us out finally. He offer us the tripple bedroom (No bathroom and toliet) and one double en-suite. it was ok and that was the best he can do. So, we need to take it becasue other hotels were fully book. Thanks him for this big help. The room was ok (4 out of 10 for double room) bathroom pipe made a noise all night. It was like pipe was going break. (really loud) and tripple bedroom has only one light that worked! Oh my god!!!!!! Seriously we never ever want to go back again. One is more than enough. Please look for other hotel to stay!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Larbert, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Went with a friend for a bite to eat for lunch. Ate in the pub section on the hotel (Elliots).
Was what can only be described as average. Enormous portions of OK food. Pub was noisy with a good few football supporters in, door to the smoking area kept being left open by patrons, which resulted in us sitting in a draught while eating our lunch and us (both non smokers) having to get up and shut it ourselves.
I had the chicken enchiladas (2 tortillas full) and my friend had the Thai spced beef salad. She said it was tasty, but looked more like some strips of stir fried beef on top of a huge bowl of shredded iceberg lettuce - not very appetising. The enchiladas were ok, plenty chicken in a nice barbeque tomato sauce, but grated chedder through it too???? Odd! Spiced wedges on the side which seemed to be oven cooked straight out the freezer, again nothing special. Would rather have had half the quantity and twice the quality.
Not sure if I'd eat here again, as there are much better restaurants in the area.
Only slight positive it was pretty cheap - £7.95 and £6.25 respectively.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

Had a fantastic stay here again, 2nd time here and staff couldn't do enough for you and were very welcoming and friendly. checking in and out was quick and simple , and elma even booked us theatre tickets , was knowledgeable for train times etc , and really went out of her way to help ,had food which was okish but not as good as we remembered but not as good as I remembered but wouldnt put us off coming back in a few months. we had a room on the 1st floor at the rear of hotel which reduced noise from main street but in a town you couldn't expect anything else

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Graeme Hotel? Share your experiences!