“Kincardine - NO WAY!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Falkirk
“Kincardine - NO WAY!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have been a customer for many years and have regularly visited Brewers Fayre establishments throughout the UK. On Monday 14th April 2014 my Wife and I visited Brewers Fayre Kincardine Way on route to our hotel in Edinburgh where we were staying overnight as we had an early flight the next morning. In hindsight I wish we had went straight to the hotel and had something to eat. My Wife and I expected to have our usual decent meal at Brewers Fayre but boy were we disappointed. I had the Signature Steak & Ale Pie - the pastry totally disintegrated when I put my fork into it. The meat had not been cooked long enough and was extremely tough. I had about half a dozen chips that would not even have been enough for a children's portion and the peas were stone cold. My Wife had the Grilled Salmon Salad - it arrived without any potatoes and we thought, mistakenly, that they must be coming in a separate bowl - wrong!!! After about 10 minutes I mentioned to the waitress that my Wife had no potatoes so she went to check. She came back after a couple of minutes and said that the reason there was no potatoes was that they had ran out. So apparently when the chef runs out of something it's company policy is just not to bother either mentioning it to the customer or offering something else. Also bear in mind that this was around teatime - so how the hang can you run out of potatoes - poor chef management. I asked if my wife could have some chips instead and again less than a child size portion arrived in the smallest bowl I have ever seen. It was maybe fitting as by the time they arrived my Wife had almost finished her main meal so it took no time to finish the chips either.

As an amatuer chef myself I know a bad meal when I am served one and bad service when it is provided. Yes I have a bonus card but I doubt if I will ever be back to any of your establishments to spend it on a meal. I may pop in one night when passing and spend it on a drink.

Extremely Disappointed Ex Customer

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

falkirk
“No staff, empty buffet, food poisoned child.. Absolute shambles!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Went last night . Birthday treat for 15yr old. 5 of us in total including Grandma .
Waited an eternity to place an order .. got the kids starters..1 soup and 1 prawn cocktail.
An hour and a half later no sign of the mains, the burger buffet had nothing on it and nobody seemed to care about replenishing it .
The woman who I presume was in charge of the buffet was actually heard moaning that people were eating it !!! Incredible !!! What did she expect?? Pay for food and then just stand and watch an empty buffet table ??????
After an eternity had to just give up and leave.. to be fair the duty manager voided our bill but the evening was ruined by then .
He said he was not allowed to bring in enough staff.. well heres a suggestion for the chinless wonders that masquerade as senior management at Brewers Fayre... Employ enough staff for busy periods and actually provide enough food for people dining there !!! Not exactly rocket science is it !!!!
Oh to cap it all off , one of the kids who had the aforementioned prawn cocktail last night was violently ill all night... what else had they eaten that evening... nothing !!!
So dodgy seafood being served also !!!!!
NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
“Meal whilst staying at the Premier Inn next door”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have eaten in the restaurant tonight and think I was not in the same place as many others over the last month or so !!
Firstly we booked a table when booking in to the Inn and arrived 10 mins early and ate early.

We did not have to wait long for our order and the meals were hot and more than enough for us, we had ordered dessert but was full so the waitress said she would have it plated and wrapped for us to eat later in the Inn !!
It is a large restaurant and quite full but we waited no longer than 15 minutes !!

My fish was white and was larger than the plate !!

I would recommend this place to my friends and family as not only enjoyable food and surroundings I found all the staff to be polite and helpful !!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denny, United Kingdom
“not the best in the area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Not the best in the area,had Sunday lunch carvery,very bland and tasteless frozen roasties and veg .the meat was of a much smaller joint than is usual at carveries, thinly sliced on the plus side the soup was very nice. We arrived at 12 35PM the place started serving at 12 noon, and we had to wait 10 minson the soup terrine being brought through also the gammonjoint was just being brought through as we approached the servery after our soup, I don't feel the meal was worth the.8.95 charged

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Family Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

food good and service was good all staff very attentive and hard working we had to wait a little to be served but other than that it was a good night and we all left full and happy will defo return soon ...

• Visited May 2014