“Really bad food” 1 of 5 stars

14 Melville Street, Falkirk FK1 1HZ, Scotland
01324 633338
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Behind The Wall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 120 Restaurants in Falkirk
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Falkirk
“Really bad food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

7 of us arrived today for lunch. The service was good so cannot fault that at all. But the food was awful! I ordered chicken nachos. The nachos were burnt to a crisp, the chicken was tasteless and there was barely any guacamole or sour cream. I ate half of it as I was hungry but gave up as I was not enjoying it at all. Two of my party ordered the chilli. It came in a tin bowl and plate. One of them remarked that she felt like she was a dog eating out of a dog bowl. The chilli was pathetic looking and they too only ate because they were hungry. One of them asked if they could have a bit of something with it as it was only a tiny bit of overlooked meat and rice. The waitress, who was lovely, suggested a salad. The salad came bit it was a tiny container with a bit of lettuce, a tiny bit of tomato and that was it!!!! Later when we got our bill we saw that she had been charged £3.50 for it!!! Shocking really! We were so disgusted that we initially decided we wouldn't be leaving a tip. However, we realized that this would not be fair to the waitress as the poor food was not her fault. As we gave her the tip, we asked her if the tip would be just for her or if she would have to share it. She said it would be shared. We gave her the tip anyway but we were not happy that she would have to share with the chef. None of us will be back needless to say.

Visited March 2014

Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Shocking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was only in this place minutes before 2 bouncers removed me. Aparently you can't wair beanie hats here. It's Scotland in the middle of winter and it's freezing

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Stirlingshire
“Better than last time but still room to improve”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We haven't visited in such a long time after having a few disappointing visits between us but Hubby and I gave it another try as it was close to hand. Nearly left within the first 5 minutes as we went to the restaurant area which clearly stated Wait here to be Seated. Not 1 but 3 members of staff walked past us and did not acknowledge our presence. One member of staff then moved the sign further into the restaurant but did not speak to us. Restraining the comment "do you think we're standing here for the good of our health?" I had to approach the sign & staff and ask if there was a table available - with a broad smile the waitress was full of the joys of spring and took us to a table and got our drinks order - all in all it was quite a strange start.

Rest of the evening went well - really good starters of bruschetta and stuffed chillies and average macaroni cheese (nowhere near enough cheese sauce) topped with pulled pork (thought the combo would work but it was just odd) and nachos with chilli beef which was huge with plenty of topping but the actual nachos were quite greasy so after a while were a bit sickly.

Overall, for us there was an improvement on the food but the staff need a shake - you're either ignored or greeted by a hyper youngster. Would probably go back but not in a hurry.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Shocking visit!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Where to start....... First arrived with my sister and her 7week old baby, to be greeted by a member of staff who acted like it was an inconvenience because we had the pram. Seated and drinks order taken, delivered and menus given. Sat for almost 30 mins with nobody coming near us. In that time 2gentlemen were seated next to us, drinks given, and food delivered to them. I approached the manager to ask if we should order at the bar, to be told it was table service, explained what was happening, and got an apology. Our order was then taken, the manager came back over and told me that we could not have been waiting for 30 mins as he had only cleared the table 20 mins before hand!!! So more or less calling me a liar! Dinner arrived, but no sides that were ordered. Eventually the waitress told us they forgot to order these, and would bring them out free of charge "if we wanted" I had nachos, which were delivered on top of paper, which was soggy from the sauce, and broke up into my food! my partner arrived and was told he had to rush to order as the kitchen was closing for a split shift. His dinner arrived with no cutlery. The bill arrived and we were overcharged drinks!! Tried to pay by card at the bar as nobody came for payment, to be told I had to wait. Had to tell staff to come to me at my table. Watching other tables, they were given the same treatment, and also were unimpressed. Was busy when we arrived but there was plenty of staff on. Twice I went to the bar and there was 7 staff members behind it, most talking and not serving. Overall disaster from start to finish, which is a shame. Used to be a lovely place to eat.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Larbert, United Kingdom
“Pretty decent btw”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Ideal wee venue for some food before a night out. Attentive staff and decent food. Also a good night out!

• Visited October 2013