“PLAIN HOME STYLE COOKING” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 120 Restaurants in Falkirk
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“PLAIN HOME STYLE COOKING”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

In appearance the Inn is quite dated, but it's all very clean and tidy. This cleanliness included the toilets, which I believe is often a good indication of kitchen cleanliness!

We went with the menu of the day. All agreed that it was good plain home style food which was very tasty and served piping hot. The pace of service was just right with a nice break between courses. This is certainly no gastro pub, but we all enjoyed our meal and felt that it was good value.

Regrettably the staff didn't match up to the food! I wouldn't say that they were bad, but they definitely gave me the impression that they were there because they had to be; most positive I could say would be lacklustre.

I would go back if I'm ever in Falkirk, but will make a point of speaking directly to the management with my views, as they don't appear to respond to the comments posted.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Fab lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to the Dutch inn for lunch after a walk around helix park as it is situated close by. Upon arrival it was busy but we were seated and attended to promptly. Staff were friendly and helpful. I had steak pie and my husband had chicken highlander both of which were fab (good home style cooking)
We will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Terrible meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Food very basic will not go back again total waste of money! Used to go here a lot with family but for sure we will not return!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great food & great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Having eaten here before, I thought it was about time I said how much I enjoy it!
The food is fresh and hot and quickly brought to the table. Mind you, not too quickly, so you know it's fresh and not reheated!
Friendly staff and lovely food.

Visited April 2014
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Visited this restaurant at the weekend, my first visit, and sadly I was disappointed. The Starter of breaded mushrooms in garlic mayo was very nice. Main course of chicken with haggis and whiskey sauce was not nice at all. I have had this dish often in other restaurants and it is a favourite of mine. Sadly it had a sythethic taste and the sauce was not nice at all, cannot even describe the flavour of the sauce. The sweet sounded exotic on the menu, but was very run of the mill, nothing special at all. I barely eat a quarter of my main meal, neither did a relative who had a different dish. When the plates were collected no-one asked if everything had been OK with the meal - which is not very professional. Will never be back and would not recommend it to any friends who have not been before. (I know this restaurant is popular in general and I suppose if you just like run of the mill "pub grub" a lot of people will be happy with it).

• 2 of 5 stars Food