“Excellent food, ok service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #94 of 1,826 restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish, Bistro
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
“Excellent food, ok service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I ate here on a Friday night in January. I absolutely loved their chicken with mushrooms, and my friend really enjoyed her fish and chips. They have an extensive drink menu. The service was just ok,but we were also in when it was very busy. I'd go back!

91% Recommend
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“A quirky pub with great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We ate here early evening before a show at the playhouse. My wife had the steak and ale pie and I had the chicken ceasar salad. both meals arrived quickly and the portions were large. I think my caesar was the best I have ever had with plenty of dressing and a generous helping of parmesan shavings. The prices are not outrageous for an city centre establishment and there was a pleasant ambience. The decor is quirky and certainly promotes comment/conversation. We would be happy to reccomend Whiski to other visitors.

Coventry
“Nice evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place be chance, food was lovely. Try the whisky flight, fun and informative. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff.

Dublin, Ireland
“More than just a walk in fast food joint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Ate here on the 29th December - had just arrived that evening and was looking for something simple... it was better than that... nice Venison & great service...
We will be back.

• Visited December 2012
Hawkhurst, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is absolutely first class.

The food is fantastic, it's the best haggis I have ever tried and the steak pie was excellent.

The atmosphere is spot on, especially when the live music kicked off. We saw old dollar bill, a bluegrass band. They were really very good and nice guys to go with it. In fact may book them one day.

Anyway, the whisky selection is the best I have ever seen (over 200 single malts to choose from). I know my whiskys pretty well and think some are a tad overpriced, but to be honest the whole experience was so great I didn't really care and it made it worth the price.

We had two courses, a bottle of bubbly, 4 drams (one of which was £11) and the bill come to £80 which I thought was very good.

I would without doubt, go back tomorrow. In fact when I return to Edinburgh I shall take friends. Loved the place!