“Filthy, tatty. The experience makes me shudder!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,461 of 1,790 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“Filthy, tatty. The experience makes me shudder!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Visited this restaurant with groupon vouchers. By the time we had finished paying for drinks, starters, rice it came to over 60 pounds. Which probably is a bit cheaper than a classy Indian restaurant which this certainly wasn't. Located in a shabby part of Edinburgh which on its own wouldn't have put us off, but decor was tatty, the fish tank in the main restaurant looked murky and dirty. The waiter was pleasant enough but it was noticed that he had grubby finger nails!!. The poppudum plate looked as though it had never been washed, the plate my wife's starter arrived on had old food stuck on the underside of it, and then to top it all I found a hair in my chicken chat, which the waiter looked all surprised inferring that it had fallen out of my head!!!. That said the food we were served could only described as average.l

• 3 of 5 stars Food

“Worst restaurant experience ever had.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I must share my experience with all others that may intend to visit. I purchased vouchers With Groupon to use at this restaurant whilst visiting Edinburgh. Firstly I must add that Groupon should have been paying me to eat there, the restaurant is in an unpleasant area, and the whole place looked filthy, the basket that the popadoms arrived in was ingrained with food, my starter plate hadn't been washed properly and I had to leave my meal after finding hairs in it. I was offered no apology for this. The waiter was unkempt with grubby hands, the plastic table cloth was filthy. I could go on and on, just don't go there it was dreadful...

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“great delivery service and quality food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

good menu selection and often good discounts. check out the website or dine two for one.

Visited May 2012
Edinburgh
“It is a con”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Having used these vouchers, it seems there is always a catch, and you have to pay more than the voucher value, you don't get anything for nothing, and if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is...

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
edinburgh
“DO NOT BUY A GROUPON VOUCHER FOR HERE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

After using groupon deals regularly for myself i decided to get a voucher for my mother inlaws birthday. You can imagine my disgust when she informed me after she had to pay a bill of £17 for 3 soft drinks,(which i understand was not included)2 rice and 1 naan(although 2 were meant to be included)and a service charge of £2.45 (which was not stated in the terms and conditions! Please get back to me asap regarding this complaint. The groupon deal claims to have a value of £39.70, adding that to the £17 charged i think this makes the prince balti the most expensive indian in Edinburgh!! Shame as the meal was actually very enjoyable!

• Visited April 2012