“used to be super” 2 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“used to be super”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Positano was always very simply decorated, informal and noisy, but the dishes were terrific and good value. On our last, and I mean last, visit, the food was faded, dried out, very disappointing. I have not returned since then, and I think I'm not the only one. Something changed in the kitchen, and not for the better.

Visited October 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were in Edinburgh for an event on the 20th April and found this restaurant completely by accident and we are so glad to have dined there. It is a small restaurant and was busy on this particular night, but we were lucky to have got a table - we were literally squeezed in. The waiter seemed slightly manic, but I think that's the Italians by their nature and he and the lady who also served us were lovely people and even humoured me by allowing me to practice my limited Italian language on them!

The service was excellent and the food equally so. I asked for garlic bread and instead of the bog standard stuff you get in other Italian restaurants we got gorgeous foccacia which was beautifully crisp, tasty with garlic and a sprinkling of rosemary on top. My husband and I both opted to have fillet steak Diane (very retro, but who cares). The food is all cooked fresh to order and from where we were sitting we could see a very tightly run kitchen, but everyone in there totally worked in synch with each other. For dessert I opted for a lovely cream and lemoncello dish, which was served in a champagne flute and it was totally heavenly. My husband opted for semi-freddo, but he was so jealous of the dessert I had picked.

I will be in Edinburgh later this year and despite the restaurant being a bit outside the city centre, I intend visiting again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“meal with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I went to Positano restaurant last night with 3 friends. We had a lovely meal, every course was lovely. The waitress I dont know her name was one of the friendliest we have ever encountered. All the staff were very friendly. Would definately recommend this restaurant.
Pam Lucas

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I am Italian and I had a really nice evening with my friends (and their kid) in Positano. The food is delicious and the hosts are very nice too. Their menu is very variate and their best pizza is one of the best in Edinburgh. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chester, United Kingdom
“Great evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had a fantastic evening here, food was lovely. What really made it though were the staff, very friendly and welcoming and couldn't do enough to ensure we enjoyed ourselves.

Visited February 2013