“worth the 25 min wait!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TGI Friday's - Edinburgh

TGI Friday's - Edinburgh
22-26 Castle Street, Edinburgh EH2 3HT, Scotland (New Town)
+44 (0)131 226 6543
Neighborhood: New Town
Livingston, United Kingdom
“worth the 25 min wait!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

i have been here a few times and always told waiting time is 25 mins normally its quicker so worth the wait and waiting at the bar you can see the bartenders doing some wicked stuff with bottles spinning etc you can get a massice cocktail im talking practically a bowl for about £5+ non alcohol ones are yummy to £2+, highly recommend the JD sauce im not a whiskey lover but this sauce is sweet and amazing. WARNING portions are huge so id opt for garlic bread to start. Not the cheapest place in the world but with huge portions and yummy food cant complain. you cant reserve a table here either.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

edinburgh
“Amazing dairy and gluten free menus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Fab place with allergies! I cant eat gluten and the choice here is amazing. I had potato skins and chicken in bbq sauce with chips and it was great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Uk
“A chain put still personal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I wish I could remember the name of our waitress as she was great.
Great cocktails and food..
We had just a 20 minute wait on a Thursday night.
Only negative was that they had run out of draught beer!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Amazing service and tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped in for dinner on a Sunday night and the place was packed. There was a 45 minute wait on a table but we didn't have a reservation and would expect this on a busy night. We were happy to have drinks at the bar while we were waiting and everyone was so friendly and polite.

Once we were seated, our waitress Charlie introduced herself. Throughout the entire meal she was very enthusiastic and made the night. We were never left waiting to order more drinks as she was constantly on the ball with getting us refills and her service was slick and professional, despite the fact she looked like she had a busy section. Very impressive.

The jack daniels dipping sauce with the chicken starter I ordered was brilliant and my fajita main was of the same standard. My boyfriend enjoyed his burger too. We thought the price was very reasonable for 3 courses plus drinks.

It was my first visit here and I would recommend it to anyone as it encouraged me to write my first trip advisor!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edinburgh
“Nothing for American Diners to worry about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Always seems to be a waiting time so is this restaurant exciting and different? No. It serves average American themed food with wannabe American style service. Nothing wrong with it if you ignore the awful buffalo sauce on the processed chicken bite starters. Tried it, won't be hurrying back.