After having spent the best part of the day travelling back to Scotland from Barcelona to spend a night in Edinburgh with a friend we got off to a bad start since we couldn't find the hotel from the directions given. Lochside Ave is split in two by a railway line and we ended up in a dead end on a foggy evening when all we wanted to do was get checked in and make our way into Edinburgh city center for a pleasant night out. No such luck! On checking in we discovered that instead of a twin bedded room as booked we had been allocated a double bedded room which athough very clean and tidy was not of any use to us since we did not wish to share a bed. On raising the matter with reception they were not particulary helpful and said that it was not part of the Novotel brand to offer twin bedded rooms even although that was what was sold to us and indicated on the hotel confirmation........ very strange, would seem to me that working in the tourism industry they are missing out a large niche market ie girlie weekends.
We finally agreed to use the bed settee but we were not happy since had we been aware that there were no twin bedded rooms available we would have booked a hotel else where.
The service at breakfast was very slow and there was a number of people having to wait for th buffet to replenished. Some of the buffet had been lying around for a while which was not very appetising.
Upside was although the location was not the most attractive it was very convenient for taking the train into the city center and it was reasonably priced. I would rate it at the top end of 3 star rather than 4 star. Would I use the hotel again? Possibly but not for a girls weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Novotel Edinburgh Park is ideally located for a city break in Edinburgh, the hotel has free on site parking, leisure facilities including a pool, gym and steam room. The hotels is only a 2 minute walk to Edinburgh Park train station, where the frequent trains take you into the heart of the city in 7 minutes, kids travel free at weekends. Elements Restaurant is the place to eat, after a busy day sightseeing, serving quality food and drink in relaxed surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, ACCOR, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Edinburgh Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Edinburgh Park Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Park
- Edinburgh Novotel
- Novotel Edinburgh Park Scotland